Topic: if i could

Bills little short song reminded me of one of the first songs I ever wrote, don't think I have posted it before
https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/dreams-come-true

(G)if I could(D) I would sing you a (C)song
(G)if I could (D)I'd make your dreams come(C) true
(G)but I cant sing(C) and I aint (D)magic
(G)but some times (C)dreams they do come (D)true
(C)so dream of(D) me and(G) I will dream of(C) you
(D)and maybe some(C)day our dreams will come(G) true

if I could I'd be your everything
if I could I would give you a ring
but I cant be what you want me to
you know that ring wouldn't mean a thing
so dream of me and will dream of you
and maybe someday our dreams will come true

if I could I would roll back time
if I could you would still be mine
but old man time he aint coming back
and tomorrow will be here just the same
so dream of me and will dream of you

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: if i could

Nice  song  Mojo ,I  would  like to  hear  your  voice  a little  more to  the  front  in the  mix ,You  have  a  great  voice  and  it  just  seems  to get a little buried  by  the  guitar .

Nailed it, Graham, thank you. Bring that thing out and let 'er rip! Of course, I'm one to talk - who can't carry a note to the post office! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I suppose I just don't like to hear my self singing and prefer to hear the guitar or it could just be that I don't have a clue what im doing when it comes to recording. but I do truly appreciate the input and will attempt to raise the voice level on my future recordings. thanks for the positive comments

That's good work, Mojo, and well-performed. You do have a good voice, although we each tend to be our own worse critics. Like Bill says ... let 'er rip, man!

can I have your permission to print and store for future reference to learn and play for my wife & friends during our ocassional get togethers when they are imbibed enough to let me play & sing along.
thanks, joe3chords.

joe3chords wrote:

can I have your permission to print and store for future reference to learn and play for my wife & friends during our ocassional get togethers when they are imbibed enough to let me play & sing along.
thanks, joe3chords.

sure knock yourself out but you owe me a beer or 12

Thanks, ever in Orlando, I can aford a twelver. Should have shot for a case.

fixin to print I would like to put a songwriter name to it ...

joe3chords wrote:

fixin to print I would like to put a songwriter name to it ...

just shot you an email with name

Joe aka mojo

Great to see others picking up some of the original songs.
I can tell ya,it`s very encouraging when someone else covers your song.
But i also think theres something in it for the person covering it
when i`ve covered some of u guys it`s a real buzz.
well done Joe3chords

The King Of Audio Torture

cool a fellow joe. it's going in with "if i were a carpenter by tim hardin. same chords, 3 @ that, thus my tag.

mojo01 wrote:

I suppose I just don't like to hear my self singing and prefer to hear the guitar or it could just be that I don't have a clue what im doing when it comes to recording. but I do truly appreciate the input and will attempt to raise the voice level on my future recordings. thanks for the positive comments

You've got a great tune there. I enjoyed the heck out of playing along with you on it.
I'll throw some beer's your way if you let me put it up on soundcloud after I get it down a bit better and maybe add in some harmonica.
I play regularly with 5 others, just for fun, and I would like to bring this song into the group also. I'm sure they will like it.

Thanks.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

rickyjack wrote:
mojo01 wrote:

You've got a great tune there. I enjoyed the heck out of playing along with you on it.
I'll throw some beer's your way if you let me put it up on soundcloud after I get it down a bit better and maybe add in some harmonica.
I play regularly with 5 others, just for fun, and I would like to bring this song into the group also. I'm sure they will like it.

Thanks.

well looks like my music is finally paying off all I got to do is drive coast to coast to pick up my  brews . look forward to hearing what you do with it Rickyjack

Nice compliment on your music, Mo', but I think he's safe on the beers. lol! smile

How about a set of strings, Rick? wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Yo...Bill.

Is anyone safe on beer's?....I have a problem being that safe...as I take a swig off a beer.

How bout "A NEW CAR"?

All kidding aside now. If he asked me for a set of string, that would be fine.
I just like the song and am looking forward to playing around with it.

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Nice compliment on your music, Mo', but I think he's safe on the beers. lol! smile

How about a set of strings, Rick? wink

Bill

just the fact that Ricky likes the song is payment enough, well maybe a big ole dill pickle would be appropriate

mojo01, great song, like everything about it and your voice is great smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

This is quite poignant

At least 9 months' poignant, Mazzy..... smile smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Good work and tune it sounds like you have some Bob Dylan in that song.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Cool, it really sounds like "Knocking On Heaven's Door". The chords, the rythm, the way you sing it ^^

[url]https://soundcloud.com/curtis-k-music[/url]

mojo01...There is a another song you have on soundcloud that got to me. "Johnny" is a great piece of work. You have a talent I wish I shared.

rickyjack wrote:

mojo01...There is a another song you have on soundcloud that got to me. "Johnny" is a great piece of work. You have a talent I wish I shared.

a few friends and i started a non profit to help wounded veterans , we set up  camping and hunting trips here locally in east Texas. when Cecil got wacked and they started writing songs for him it set me to thinking and Johnny was result( no I am not defending the dentist for killing a lion in a canned hunt) I am planning on playing that song at our next event and I am wondering how the veterans will like it.

25 (edited by rickyjack 2015-09-13 18:14:50)

I am a veteran and I have friends and family that are also... I don't see any reason why that song won't be well received.

You and your friends sound like a good group of people..I wish there were more like you.