Re: Football 2015-2016 season

jerome.oneil wrote:

Arizona is probably going to win the NFC West, I think.  As long as Carson Palmer doesn't blow out some critical joint or snap his liver in half or something.

In college news, Oregon has fallen out of the top 25 for the first time since 2009.  So I'm going to enjoy this moment for the time being.   Cal is looking really good, which I like to see.  With alumni like Aaron Rodgers, Tony Gonzalez, and Marshawn Lynch, they should have good years occasionally.

Also:  The Bears are not a good football team.  The Seahawks stomping on them didn't convince me their problems are fixed, but I'm hopeful.

That was painfull watching 47 to 7       Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Green Bay won last night and The Seahawks and Pats won. I am starting too feel alone here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

you are not alone...    gooooo   pats....

badeye    cool

one caper after another

jerome.oneil wrote:

Arizona is probably going to win the NFC West, I think.  As long as Carson Palmer doesn't blow out some critical joint or snap his liver in half or something.

In college news, Oregon has fallen out of the top 25 for the first time since 2009.  So I'm going to enjoy this moment for the time being.   Cal is looking really good, which I like to see.  With alumni like Aaron Rodgers, Tony Gonzalez, and Marshawn Lynch, they should have good years occasionally.

Also:  The Bears are not a good football team.  The Seahawks stomping on them didn't convince me their problems are fixed, but I'm hopeful.

I agree Arizona most likely will your Seahawks are the only team I can see that could do better.

The forty niners have too play Green Bay this Sunday. I think they will win. Jerome at the beginning of this post you thought we would only win four this year I think I agree with you now.

Green Bay won 17 to 3 we will be in the bottom if it keeps up like it is.

dino48 wrote:

Sorry your guys lost but the pack is more tenatious then last year especially the defensive line just faster and stronger with some really quick linebackers, on offense Eddie Lacy and James Stark are running hard and Rogers has new targets to throw to but the results are the same he is just that good. Kapernik had 6 sacs 2 interceptions and only 3 points to show for the night and was running for his life on every down not the same team we played last year.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

dino48 wrote:

I agree Arizona most likely will your Seahawks are the only team I can see that could do better.

I'm seriously doubting the Seahawks.  Last night's win was ugly, and they benefited a great deal from a gifted no-call by the ref at the end of the game.  Their offensive line is horrible.  And I mean, terrible horrible.   The defense looked like it has gelled quite nicely again (three points given up over the last 8 quarters of football) but they have to be able to score points, and they can't do that if they have to keep every single offensive player back in pass blocking situations, which is what it looks like right now.

Oh well.  Oregon is still unranked, so it can't be all bad.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

The Packers are looking more and more like the team to beat.   Dallas might contend if they can survive until Romo and Dez get back on the roster.

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Sorry your guys lost but the pack is more tenatious then last year especially the defensive line just faster and stronger with some really quick linebackers, on offense Eddie Lacy and James Stark are running hard and Rogers has new targets to throw to but the results are the same he is just that good. Kapernik had 6 sacs 2 interceptions and only 3 points to show for the night and was running for his life on every down not the same team we played last year.

No Russell the 49ers lost a lot of the old team and the coach I think Jerome had it right when he predicted they would only win 4 games this year. I did not have a chance watch the Seahawks game.I am seeing Green bay as a super bowl team.

The '9ers lost a ton of people.  Crabtree is gone, Gore is gone, Justin Smith is gone, Iupati is gone, Johnathan Martin is gone, Sutka is gone...   And oh, yeah, their head coach, who despite my distaste for the guy, knows how to win football games.

No way does any team replace that kind of exodus and still manage to win.

jerome.oneil wrote:

The '9ers lost a ton of people.  Crabtree is gone, Gore is gone, Justin Smith is gone, Iupati is gone, Johnathan Martin is gone, Sutka is gone...   And oh, yeah, their head coach, who despite my distaste for the guy, knows how to win football games.

No way does any team replace that kind of exodus and still manage to win.

True we lost a lot so it will be like a rebuilding for the next couple of years,Reggie Bush seems like he can not do much at all. I wish we could get Mike Holgrram for our coach.

dino48 wrote:

I wish we could get Mike Holgrram for our coach.

Holmgren is on the radio up here a lot.  I love listening to him.  The sad thing is that he actually wanted the 49ers job, and actively sought it out.

Your owner is the problem.  That dude is a moran.

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

I wish we could get Mike Holgrram for our coach.

Holmgren is on the radio up here a lot.  I love listening to him.  The sad thing is that he actually wanted the 49ers job, and actively sought it out.

Your owner is the problem.  That dude is a moran.

I missed him on the radio and we could have a good chance with him I think he is one of the best coaches ever. I knew he also took a look at the Raiders. I think the current owner is a doctor and his son and I  think he is a Moran  also!

My prediction for Sunday:  Seahawks lose to the Bungles, badly, then make some coaching changes.  Tom Cable (offensive line coach) is gone, and/or Darrell Bevel (offensive coordinator) gets demoted/fired.

jerome.oneil wrote:

My prediction for Sunday:  Seahawks lose to the Bungles, badly, then make some coaching changes.  Tom Cable (offensive line coach) is gone, and/or Darrell Bevel (offensive coordinator) gets demoted/fired.

I have not seen the seahawks play enough to predict that one.

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I have not seen the seahawks play enough to predict that one.

Pro Football Weekly just ranked their O-line 30th out of 32 teams.   No offensive line means you can't throw down field and make use of your shiny new All World tight end.  It means you can't run because defenses know they don't have to defend against the deep ball.   You're basically left with screens.   The Bengals can score points and even an average defense can stop the Seahawks offense right now.  I'm not optimistic.

In much, MUCH better news, my Huskies went down to LA last night and beat USC.  Not bad for 17 point underdogs.  It also validates my position that letting Steve Sarkasian (now forever known as "Lane Kiffen Jr.") go and hiring Chris Peterson was a complete upgrade for the UW.   It's the first time a UW Huskies football team has beaten a ranked opponent on the road in something like a decade.

They get an Oregon team that is on it's heals next Saturday.  If they win that game I may have to miss a few days recovering from my hangover.

badeye wrote:

badeye    cool

Yup ... never get tired of watching the Patriots win. Go Brady Bunch!

Well I think that could happen but I do not think it will be so bad,glad too hear the Huskies got usc I do not like that team at all.

70 (edited by dino48 2015-10-10 20:46:42)

Tenement Funster wrote:
badeye wrote:

badeye    cool

Yup ... never get tired of watching the Patriots win. Go Brady Bunch!

Marsha,Marsha,Marsha!  (quote from The Brady Bunch) .I could not pass that up. They may well be in the super bowl again to far away too tell at this time.I am watching the Navy vs Norte Dame now tied at this time.   Go Navy!!

jerome.oneil wrote:

In much, MUCH better news, my Huskies went down to LA last night and beat USC.  Not bad for 17 point underdogs.  It also validates my position that letting Steve Sarkasian (now forever known as "Lane Kiffen Jr.") go and hiring Chris Peterson was a complete upgrade for the UW.   It's the first time a UW Huskies football team has beaten a ranked opponent on the road in something like a decade.

They get an Oregon team that is on it's heals next Saturday.  If they win that game I may have to miss a few days recovering from my hangover.

Well Jerome if you caught what the Cougars did to the Ducks yesterday...... you ought'a think about re-stocking the bar this week!  I forsee a nasty case of "the Moose Flu" in store for next Monday morning.

"Moose Flu"; adjective: the general feeling of illness that corresponds with a really late night consuming excessive quantities of distilled or other spirits with groups of jubilant people at the local Moose Lodge or similar venue. Most common after Holiday Weekends or following winning major sporting events, occasionally Concerts, Weddings, and Funerals.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Green Bay just won their game. T he Seahawks just lost in overtime too the Bengals in overtime, Looks like all is well in Mr. Rodgers neighborhood. 49ers play tonight. I think Russell is smilling a lot today.

That was some good football!!  Green Bay is smokin', taking care of business and always fun to watch.  As for our Seahawks..... something like 110 yards of penalties!  Really guys?  Leading into the 4th and then WTF!

Not even wanting to mention my Beavers and the trouncing they got down in Tuscon from Arizona...... but will anyway.  44-7!  Must have been the heat, or maybe we've just got the lamest team in the Pac. I wonder if I should call the coach and see if he wants any moving boxes?  I've a few that WERE destined for the recycling bin.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

dino48 wrote:

Green Bay just won their game. T he Seahawks just lost in overtime too the Bengals in overtime, Looks like all is well in Mr. Rodgers neighborhood. 49ers play tonight. I think Russell is smilling a lot today.

That was a good game The Rams played tough on defense and the absence of Jordy Nelson is felt he always found a way to get open I watched the 49er game they had a chance to win it at the end but the defense let Eli march down the field Kapernik (don't know how to spell his name) played exceptionally well much better then last week as did the whole offence tough loss.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Doug_Smith wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Well Jerome if you caught what the Cougars did to the Ducks yesterday...... you ought'a think about re-stocking the bar this week!  I forsee a nasty case of "the Moose Flu" in store for next Monday morning.

Dude!  The Duck's 'Couged it!  That was awesome.

"Moose Flu"; adjective: the general feeling of illness that corresponds with a really late night consuming excessive quantities of distilled or other spirits with groups of jubilant people at the local Moose Lodge or similar venue. Most common after Holiday Weekends or following winning major sporting events, occasionally Concerts, Weddings, and Funerals.

Haha!

"'Coug it"  verb:  The act of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on a regular basis, in the most absurd ways possible.  So named after the futility of the Washington State University Cougars football team.