Topic: New Member Saying Hello

Afternoon, fellow musicians.

My name's John Ravenscroft and I'm new here.

At the ripe old age of 61 - and after a gap of about 20 years - I'm about to start playing the pubs and clubs again. Why not, I thought?

This site is wonderful. The hours I spent back in the 1960s trying to work out the words and chords of songs...

If only chordie had been around back then.

These days, I play exclusively in DADGAD and would be interested in hearing what other DADGAD players are doing with the tuning.

AN.Y. other DADGAD lovers here?

Still living. Still learning.

Re: New Member Saying Hello

Welcome to Chordie John!  There is a fine core of regulars hanging around these parts and look forward to making friends quickly.  I think for most of us that "gap" is common..... no worries, even if we forgot the tunes our fingers remember (for the most part).

Wander through the forums and please read the "stickys" for hints and guidelines to make the most of your Chordie experience. You might also consider moving your post into the Chat Corner where it will be viewed by a wider membership. At one time or another we have played around with drop D tuning (my preference is DADF#AD and mostly on 12 string) there was also a thread on alternate tunings awhile back in Music Theory if memory serves.

Oh. and I would add that 61 is not "old"...... it's "experienced".

Welcome Aboard!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi and welcome here johnmr,you are at the right site I am 67 and have love this place it is family friendly and we have a lot of mature members here. We also do other posts like Football and fishing ,wine etc.. I am sure you will fit right in.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I've taken Doug's advice and reposted my hello in the chat section.

Good to be here.

Still living. Still learning.

Welcome John from a newbie.I'am a bit like you went back to it after  a long break.Really enjoying it now. smile

Welcome John, I think you will enjoy it here. I play badly enough in standard tuning, the dogs would have to learn to howl in a different key if I tried another tuning.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

heads up guys, this post is from october last year, so rusty, john mr is an older hand than you but worry not it's a mistake we all do, but it's still nice to welcome newbies.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

He is still around though his last visit:  2016-02-12 17:24:31 smile but whether he will notice this when he returns is another matter.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.