26 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-11-12 13:05:16)

Re: Geographical Spread On Chordie

You're in Jandle.

Bill, I already new where you are (roughly) so you were in yesterday.

We're up to 20.

ETA: Link

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? … R1CHRaQzhE

Josh Jackson hole wy

Let no talents go unused

I live right on the border between Gainesville and Haymarket, VA...a little ways down the road from Zurf.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

great map - so much fun !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Fire art  wrote:

Josh Jackson hole wy

WOW! There's a whole lot of nothing there. My kinda place if it wasn't for the 8 months of winter.

Maybe some kind Mod could make this a sticky so it doesn't get buried over time.

I`m on the map now. Thank You. Probably the only time that Auburn will ever be on a map.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

32 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-11-12 11:31:04)

Jackson Hole is awesome  -  I was there last year !  Fireart is most fortunate to live there!!  It might seem like a whole lot of nothing because you are looking for the wrong things smile

Unclejoe - how did you make this map... pretty cool.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

33 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-11-12 13:27:35)

TIGLJK wrote:

Jackson Hole is awesome  -  I was there last year !  Fireart is most fortunate to live there!!  It might seem like a whole lot of nothing because you are looking for the wrong things smile

Unclejoe - how did you make this map... pretty cool.

Oh don't get me wrong, that looks like my kind of place. I have friends in NW Montana and would probably consider living there, but winter across the northern tier of the US is more than I would want to deal with. I like having a good, solid 5 month growing season. smile

Anyone can create a map. Follow the link below. Click on "create map". Or you can click on "take a tour" and get step by step instructions.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/

As this thread grows to multiple pages, I'm going to start putting a link to the chordie map on every page. That way folks won't have to go back to page one to find it.

Would someone please stick a pin in Nottingham England.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

Would someone please stick a pin in Nottingham England.

Yes they would.......and did. smile

bobwill    kentucky,  USA

I was having deja vu when you started this map, so I did a little digging into google maps and found this old one from a while ago.  This was when the "picks around the world" was in action and we were tracking where the picks had traveled.  smile 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/3/edit? … Q3BZdYzHx4

*picks around the world - a package of picks and other items were being sent around the Chordie membership.  People would take what they wanted, add something, and then mail it out to the next person that stated they wanted in on the action.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Port Washington Wisconsin the nicest town in America and the quietest, until I start to practice lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I've kinda kept track of the active and semi-active Northwest Chordieans, and have a few to add, (starting with me an early poster to this thread)
Doug_Smith, Salem Oregon
Jerome O'neil, Seattle, Washington
Beamer, Whidby (sp?) Island, Washington (also Seattle area, recently moved here)
Justasinger56, Warrenton (Astoria), Oregon
DiamondT, Coos Bay, Oregon
Rickyjack, Shasta, (Northern) California

In some cases I have included the nearest major city for ease in locating on the map.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Russell_Harding wrote:

Port Washington Wisconsin the nicest town in America and the quietest, until I start to practice lol

I used to do tons of business in Germantown and Saukville. Man that is a beautiful place. I miss Lake Michigan.

Another Brit here hailing from South East Essex.

OK. I think I got everyone.

Doug, you really filled in the NW.

We have a member from Nagodoches Tx too but I can't for the life of me think who that is.  I didn't see that in the map last I checked.

44 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-11-14 05:47:04)

Baldguitardude wrote:

We have a member from Nagodoches Tx too but I can't for the life of me think who that is.  I didn't see that in the map last I checked.

That would be our very own "Pickle Rymer"  Mojo01 (I think).

ETA You have him on the map already.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Baldguitardude wrote:

I hope you clapped your hands 4 times before you said Texas

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Baldguitardude wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I used to do tons of business in Germantown and Saukville. Man that is a beautiful place. I miss Lake Michigan.

Joe I lived in Saukville before moving to Port Washington it reminded me of Milwaukee back in 1958 people still mowed there lawns and no graffiti, gangs or drugs just good hard working folks.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Good idea Joe.

Thanks for putting me on the map Doug.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

48 (edited by beestie 2015-11-14 21:37:05)

Wellington, New Zealand.
Spitting distance from Peatle, Easy Beat and Jandle.

49 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-11-14 22:46:49)

That's 33 of 549,000 registered members. Looks like we have a little ways to go. smile

Lately I can't seem to post songs to my songbook .... Anybody have solution for this ??? Thanks - Kemo Sabe