176 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-12-12 12:00:47)

Re: Your Weather

It's been unseasonably mild here in Nova Scotia, with today likely to top 10-deg C (50-deg F). The forecast shows for temps dropping to the freezing mark by Tuesday, but no real snow to speak of. Of course we're all holding our breath, because this is how winter started last year ... then we got hammered!

Seems to me just a few months ago we were complaining about drought..... now we're treading water!  I'm sure somebody prayed for rain and it's been raining buckets for a week or more. But there is a bright side, the freexing level has stayed fairly high, which is good for getting ahead on the snowpack we'll be needing later in the year.

In the meantime though, flooding and mudslides, local rivers and streams overflowing, debris in the bays and costal waterways raising havoc with shipping, just another Northwest Winter (like the good old pre-drought days!).

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

unclejoesband wrote:

About time to revive this thread.

Last year we had our first snow right before Thanksgiving. It got cold in November and never let go until late March/early April. Same with the 13/14 winter.

It couldn't be any more different this year. We've been getting some modest cold spells but it warms right back up. Highs have been in the 50's and overnight lows in the 30's. Only going down to around 45F for the next few nights with highs in the mid 60's.

The weather gurus are saying no brutal cold or snow into Christmas. That's as far out as they're willing to guess.

Your weather sounds just like it is here in California.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Not bad here in FL.

http://static.lakana.com/media.fox13news.com/photo/MAP/17522907/17522907_Position1.JPG

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Anybody wanna go phishing? The crappie bite is on and big time.

Nela

I went for a bike ride today - in shirtsleeves!  Well, and pants too of course.  But no jacket or sweater.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It's December in NY, and it feels a LOT like September.  Mind you, I'm not complaining that I haven't had to go out and shovel snow... it's just weird.  I can only remember one other year when we didn't have snow on Christmas, but I'm pretty sure we had SOME snow before Christmas that had melted.  We haven't had ANY yet this year.  A few flakes fell from the sky once or twice, but they melted immediately. 

Jim just mowed the lawn the other day.  MOWING in NY in DECEMBER!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Just terrible here, today. Lows at 45, high at 72, sunny, winds from the south 5 to 10 mph - so I went phishing.

Nela

184 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-12-16 11:16:33)

Here's what we woke up to this morning. I heard the plow go by in the night, and hoped it was a nightmare ... oh well.

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCWLqCWbWsAAlx13.jpg

Still in a T shirt smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

TF, looks like a good day to go phishing, to me.

nela

it's mid December in Seattle.  That means perpetual damp and dank.

It's basically this until July.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2485/4066681413_5f9d892a22.jpg

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

188 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-12-17 10:31:37)

NELA wrote:

nela

I agree, NELA. We have a few lakes around here that open for Ice Fishing on January 1st. The hope is that they won't be frozen over before then, so's I can dump the kayak in and go for it. Most of them have either / or Rainbow Trout, White Perch, or Chain Pickerel. The first two are delicious, but chain-sides (like a small pike) are disgustingly boney, and not worth the trouble. I love White Perch:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K84iBjNgHmw/VnKOoTcmJPI/AAAAAAAAAHc/O31hkkJvtFg/w500-h725-no/WhitePerch.JPG

Low 50's and rain here.

Tomorrow starts our next bout of 2 day at a time winter. Low 40's for Friday and mid 30's Saturday. Then it's back to 50 for Monday.

I could get used to winters like this. smile

Tenement Funster wrote:
NELA wrote:

nela

I agree, NELA. We have a few lakes around here that open for Ice Fishing on January 1st. The hope is that they won't be frozen over before then, so's I can dump the kayak in and go for it. Most of them have either / or Rainbow Trout, White Perch, or Chain Pickerel. The first two are delicious, but chain-sides (like a small pike) are disgustingly boney, and not worth the trouble. I love White Perch:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K84i … ePerch.JPG

If you ever come to Virginia, bring your kayak.  You'll be glad you did.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

191 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-12-25 20:46:03)

It's finally happened, we've got a snowstorm in the forecast. Between Sunday night and Tuesday morning, they're predicting 25 cms (about 1 foot). It's been very mild throughout December (+12 C today, or +54 F) so that we've gotten spoiled.

http://s2.twnmm.com/images/en_ca/icons/wxicons_large/15.png

The good news is, that Trout Season starts in 3 months!!!

We got Christmas rain, yesterday. Temps in the low 70's. More rain a'comin.

nela

We are getting rain once and awile but mostly 50 degree weather. I talked with my sons in Georgia and S.Carolina and the are getting rain then it goes up to 80 degree weather there.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

December 26th 2015
Atlanta, GA - 70+F and 96% humidity.
Today was clear but it has been raining for several days.

We had a thunderstorm on Chrismas eve and it's been rather warm for this time of year. It could be said that we're having a nice summer this winter!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

65 degrees and rain in Southern tier area of NY and at my daughters house in New Mexico - blizzard with 18" of snow.   This is really weird !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

197 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-12-27 12:49:32)

Record warmth for us again today; close to 70F. If the sun would break through we would be well into the 70's.

I kinda feel bad for enjoying this so much when I see the local ski resort trying to make snow. They turn on the machines when we get our brief cold spells and it melts off a couple days later.

Started snowing at 8 this morning, 25 cm's on the way,,  winter is here today....

badeye    cool

one caper after another

65 " of snow - holy crap Badeye -  better find a good blues song for that !! smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

200 (edited by NELA 2015-12-27 16:18:01)

Here in Louisiana we have 3 different periods of weather ( and sometimes they overlap). They are:

1.   Hot and wet
2.   Cold and wet
3.   Road Construction

Nela