Topic: RIP Glenn Frey

We lost another giant of the music world.
So many great tunes and memories to go with his music and lyrics and harmonies.

God speed Glen

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: RIP Glenn Frey

Rip Glen and thanks for all the great music with the Eagles.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I wanted to say something profound.... but I got nothing.  Glen and the Eagles were one of the bands we grew up with, and have more than the music in common, we are contemporary.  Living the times and experiences along with the artists, identifying with the stories and emotions of the lyrics and the music that shaped who we would aspire to be.

The music lives on, and the memories are as fresh as when minted..... Thanks!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Inspiration since the early days. Hated the separation or vacation but the 70's Eagles are the soul of my times.

Yep. All the artists I grew up with are leaving us.

Now I know I'm getting old.

Total sadness at the news of Glen Frey's death.  The loss is unimaginable to comprehend.  Music has lost a voice we will not hear again except thru recordings.   I have lost a friend that accompanied me from my youth in the early 70's to my adulthood and my twin girls and their youth.  This completes a full circle for me.  Be at peace.  Love and peace to his wife and kids.  Thank you Glen!

"I’m moving on, like the setting sun, no sad goodbyes, no tears allowed."
RIP Glenn, God be with you.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

unclejoesband wrote:

Yep. All the artists I grew up with are leaving us.

Now I know I'm getting old.

My sentiments exactly, UJB. We lost another great one.

Glenn Frey-RIP. The Eagles were the band that started the term Country - Rock. What a great sound , great songs ,great performers. Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Joe

10 (edited by Phill Williams 2016-01-19 20:37:00)

when i heard the news all i could say was...oh no! i wasn't even aware that he had health problems and the band was still touring and getting on well, i'm so sad.

must say i've had wet eyes twice today;

1. when i heard the sad news about glenn frey

2. when i watched the documentary about that other great glen, mr campbell.

both of these great men were of my generation along with bowie. i'm scared to know who's next. all my hero's are falling.

RIP Glenn Frey

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Heaven is putting together a hell of a band Natalie Cole, David Bowie, Glen Frey .....