1 (edited by mojo01 2016-01-30 09:49:17)

Topic: oil field trash

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/oil-field-trash

just a little tune about the ups and downs of oil field workers I came up with the other night while I wait to find out if and where ill be working next.
ill post the chYesterday 21:43:25

Peatle JvilleMemberRegistered: 2015-08-01Posts: 78E-mail

Re: oil field trash

Another excellent piece of story telling through song. I cant wait for the lyrics to be writen up as I am not sure  of  what a couple of the words were, as they are ones I am not familiar with but I understood and enjoyed the whole song.

Last edited by Peatle Jville (Yesterday 21:45:32)
ords and words later ... maybe...

here ya go Peatle J. I going to say its the bad recording on my lap top here at work and not my Texas drawl for the reason you cant understand all the words.
for any one else not from the south a few definitions

oil field trash - person who makes their living working in the oil field
dooly - 3\4 ton to 1 ton pick up truck with  dual wheels on the rear axle
side by side -  2 to 4 seat all terrain vehicle usually pimped out with large  tires and stereo systems both of which are way to big, but hey cool as s**t
double wide - one big ass mobile home. two singles are slapped together and bam red neck mansion
ole lady -  wife ,girl friend, common law, the person who gets half of what's left
mill -  generally in the south means a paper or lumber mill easy to find just follow the smell

just three chords E7, A7, B7

well im staring at the bottom
the bottom of an empty glass
and im sitting on a bar stool
scratching my unemployed ass

well their cleaning house
and their taking out the oil field trash

well the oil field was booming
so I quit my job at the mill
I was living large
singing drill baby drill

but along came the crash
and now their taking out the oil field trash

well the good times were rolling
when the oil hit a hundred and ten
I was spending my money
like I thought it would never end

but along came the crash
now their taking out the oil field trash

well I lost my dooly,
I lost my side by side
and the ole lady left me
when they took my double wide

because their cleaning house

that's the end of my story
its sad but true
well I could have been a rich man
with all the money I blew

but along the crash
and now their taking out the oil field trash

yea their cleaning house

out of tune out of key and out of touch

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-01-29 11:37:22)

Mojo

Very nice, Man !

I dig the rhythm and your voice suits the "blues-ish" nature of the lyrics very well.

Thanks for sharing!  Well done.

I also like the Lone Star State icon for your song's  image on soundcloud.  Went through North Texas a couple weeks ago --- pheww - the air smells up by Hereford and Amarillo.     That's a lot of beef in that area.... I couldn't help but think that  someone must've written a song about that too.
smile

Thanks again,
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Mojo, Great song. I love originals. I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. Guitar work was real nice and vocals fit right in. Love it.

Joe

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-01-29 21:45:32)

Another excellent piece of story telling through song. I cant wait for the lyrics to be writen up as I am not sure  of  what a couple of the words were, as they are ones I am not familiar with but I understood and enjoyed the whole song.

Another first-class creation, Mojo. You've got a story-teller's gift for song writing ... Chordie's incarnation of Harry Chapin!

Cool Story.

Well done!

7 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-01-31 04:56:31)

Thanks for the translation its made your song even more interesting. I remember the first couple of times I heard Tony Joe White singing Polk Salad Annie on the radio I thought he was singing Poke Sally Annie. My Fathers parents were Cockneys whose way of speaking would require my father to translate what they were saying to me when I was a kid. My grandparents would quiet often greet me with  Allright Boy Cor Blimey hows your trousers, what it meant I still dont know. I just took it as a greeting.