Topic: Return of my equipment

Well next Tuesday my equipment returns to the UK all exept my pa system which I sold to my good freinds in the Greek heavy metal band Everdie,so at least ill get to use it again in the future.However I'm wondering where to put everything when it arives as we only have a small cottage in the uk.5 electric ,6 acoustic ,2 resonators ,1 bouzuki,2 mandolins,1banjo,1,cigar box guitar 2 key boards,1 ukelele ,4 amps plus god knows how many pedals cables and mics.
Good job were looking for a bigger house.

Re: Return of my equipment

Grah1 wrote:

Well next Tuesday my equipment returns to the UK all exept my pa system which I sold to my good freinds in the Greek heavy metal band Everdie,so at least ill get to use it again in the future.However I'm wondering where to put everything when it arives as we only have a small cottage in the uk.5 electric ,6 acoustic ,2 resonators ,1 bouzuki,2 mandolins,1banjo,1,cigar box guitar 2 key boards,1 ukelele ,4 amps plus god knows how many pedals cables and mics.
Good job were looking for a bigger house.

Hi graham looks like you got all the sales stuff done that is a nightmare I hope we see you here more now.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I do hope it all gets home in one piece(s) !!!!

You don't get "beat-up" on Duties do you?  'Cause that would almost be insult..... you own it and it is used!  Just thinking back to Roger Guppy's description of taking a guitar into Portugal.......

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

No  duties   Doug just  transport  and  insurance costs

Doug_Smith wrote:

Just thinking back to Roger Guppy's description of taking a guitar into Portugal.......

Doug, I think you are referring to a comment I made about shipping goods from America to here. There is no trade agreement between Portugal and America so imports get taxes and duties applied and that can be painful. U.K. to Portugal is no problem in fact moving goods around all E.E.C. countries is not a problem.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Well, it sounds to me like you'll be sleeping on the couch for a bit maybe!  Fingers crossed for safe travels for ALL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy its  more  likely I'll be sleeping in the  car LOL...

hi grah, i was going to make a joke about e-bay, but i know how selling your gear off is akin to selling your kids into slave labour. my wife keeps on at me to sell my old stuff eg; mixers, amps, guitars, mics, 8 track digi recorder, keyboards etc, but it's just too painful. i've even got a windows 95 PC in the attic...i know i'm just a sad old fart.

just a thought; seeing as you're planning to get a bigger place, you could leave bits and pieces at friends homes until you've moved?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

9 (edited by Grah1 2016-02-19 20:58:43)

Friends are  always  an option Phill ,I  brought my  Ovation on the  plane with  me  ,the  place  is  looking  smaller  already .Think  I'm gonna  have  a  sale. Miscounted  on the electrics  its 6

Hang them from the rafters or create a storage loft .

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Every thing arrived safe  ,all instruments checked and ok just need to house the contents of Pams library .I feel several book cases coming on.

I'm glad that it was all safe upon arrival.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude