Topic: Memorial day

Thanks out too our chrodie vets on this day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Memorial day

Semper Fi  Brothers & Sisters

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-05-30 22:39:31)

Yes a great big THANK YOU  to all the service men and women who have or are currently serving in the military. ( Not just U.S. soldiers either! smile )

In my small town, each year we have such a moving ceremony. The man who played the bugle for U.S. Grant ( Seth Flint) and played taps at the surrender of Lee @ Appomattox at the end of the civil war was from our town.  Today , my 83 year old brother, a Korean War Veteran, led the ceremony, as he has for the past  50 years or so.  He braved the 80 degree heat and humidity to deliver a great message to the crowd, even though he had to bring his portable oxygen !  He mentioned that being in the cemetery we honor the dead by raising monuments, but that every soldier's true monument is a country where freedom still rings!  How symbolic of all those that have given so much.  I was very proud.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r566/JK072652/Bro%20Joe%202016%20Leading%20%20Memorial%20Day%20Service_zpsba6zfpnm.jpg
NEVER FORGET !!

JK

Thanks to the over 1 million American soldiers that have given the ultimate sacrifice

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I'm late to the party... but yes... Never forget those who have given their lives for our safety, freedom, rights...  Taps always gives me chills and almost always makes me cry.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.