1 (edited by jets60 2007-08-05 23:26:36)

Topic: Chibi's Song

I've been doing some house work that has including getting some old computers ready for recycling. To do that you have to take off all your personal data so somebody doesn't steal your identity or something like that. Anyway, when I was going through the files I stumbled upon two songs I wrote a while back. So this is the first song I wrote way back in 2004 before I was as active on chordie as I am now. It's about my dog Chibi who is a Pekingese. How I ended up with a lap dog is another story but here is my song about my dog Chibi. I hope you like it.

Chibi’s Song By Jeff Gilpin

July 9th, 2004

Intro

[C] [E] [F] [C] [A]

Verse 1

[A]Chibi, likes to [Asus]sleep all [A]day

[Asus]What can I [A]say

She [Asus]thinks it’s o[A]kay

But that’s [G]Chibi[D]

She likes to sleep all [A]day

Verse 2

[A]Chibi, likes to [Asus]eat all [A]day

[Asus]What can I [A]say

She[Asus] thinks it’s o[A]kay

But that’s [G]Chibi [D]

She likes to eat all [A]day

Chorus

[C]Chibi likes to [E]eat all [F]day [C]

But that’s [A]okay

Verse 3

[A]Chibi likes to [Asus]lick herself all [A]day

[Asus]What can I [A]say

She’s a [Asus]dog, it’s o[A]kay

But that’s [G]Chibi[D]

She licks herself all [A]day

Verse 4

[A]Chibi, likes to wash her [Asus]face on the [A]wall

She’s [Asus]not very [A]tall

So [Asus]give her a break [A]ya’ll

That’s [G]Chibi [D]

Washing her face on the [A]wall

Chorus

[C]Chibi washes her [E]face on the [F]wall [C]

She’s not [A]tall

Verse 5

[A]Chibi likes to [Asus]pee every [A]night

[Asus]Boy what a [A]sight

In the [Asus]morning [A]light

But that’s [G]Chibi [D]

She pees every [A]night

Ending chorus

[C]Chibi [E]pees every [F]night

But I [C]love her [E]

So it’s al[A]right

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Chibi's Song

Jeff, dogs are dogs no matter how big or small.  However, it is amazing what people will tolerate from smaller dogs.  If Chibi wrote a song about you, what would it say?  Oh no - now I've got myself thinking . . . James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hmm, good question. I think Chibi would say, "That's the guy who gives me all the treats!" I'm her favorite only so long as I keep feeding her. She is a good dog though wit hlots of personality.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

i hope chibi gets plenty of exercise to walk of all that food
i lost mine last year,miss him but ithurts too much when they go so we decided not to have another ,sad but just being realistic...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi jeff
Can relate to the sentiments of the song.
Sally our Dog she was with us for 17 years it broke our hearts when she passed away. She grew up we the kids.

Regards

Ark

Hey Daddy and Ark - I know what you mean. Chibi's 8 yrs old now and a bit arthritic which happens to peaks sometimes. I wouldn't trade her for the world and I hope she lives another 20 years but I understands she won’t. I'll hate to see her go but that will be another day.

J  E  T  S

you know whats funny? When i  started reading this i din't read the comment first and i thought this was a person up till i got to the part where it said its a dog
lol i was gonna say....

All You Need is Love smile

Yep - that was really the way I wrote it so it would be a surprise until I say she's a dog... Glad it got a laugh out of you.

J  E  T  S