1 (edited by last_rebel 2007-08-09 20:08:09)

Topic: guitar brands/ whats the best for the money???

ok heres the story:
ive been playing for a while, first on a junky old pawn shop guitar i bought from my cousin and these days mostly on my dad's epiphone acoustic (and my strat but thats beside the point). Now my brother's wanting to play so we're planning on buying a couple of acoustics so my dad can have his back. TO get the money we're selling a couple of other instruments but we're pretty sure we'll have around 300-400$ a piece to spend....
So the discussion is, whats the best acoustic guitar for that price? We don't neccisarily have to have the same one since he's just started and i kind of know my way around more.
The epiphone my dad has is awesome but then its thirty years old and most of the ones ive seen dont seem as high quality as they used to be (or am i wrong?)

All You Need is Love smile

Re: guitar brands/ whats the best for the money???

last_rebel wrote:

ok heres the story:
ive been playing for a while, first on a junky old pawn shop guitar i bought from my cousin and these days mostly on my dad's epiphone acoustic (and my strat but thats beside the point). Now my brother's wanting to play so we're planning on buying a couple of acoustics so my dad can have his back. TO get the money we're selling a couple of other instruments but we're pretty sure we'll have around 300-400$ a piece to spend....
So the discussion is, whats the best acoustic guitar for that price? We don't neccisarily have to have the same one since he's just started and i kind of know my way around more.
The epiphone my dad has is awesome but then its thirty years old and most of the ones ive seen dont seem as high quality as they used to be (or am i wrong?)

Your correct in saying that the new Epi's arn't as high a quality of your dads 30 yr old. If you are going to buy two guitars go and play afew at different store with your brother so you you both see what you like. If the sales person is cool and is seasoned (older and knows guitars not a newbie that thinks it's cool to work in a music store) he will cut you a deal for both guitars.

Good luck.

Bootlegger.

I love my Schecter Diamond series acoustic/electric. Sounds great live or recorded, plugged into my amp, or just by itself. Mine was around $400, definatlely a AWESOME giutar for the price!!!!

hey thnx.... is ur name a play off a AcDc song?

The best guitar for the money is Taylor.  You spend a bit more than some others, but there is nothing that plays or sounds like a Taylor.  Just try one, and you'll be hooked.  Every model sounds great in different ways, and it is amazing how much you will want to play when you have a guitar that sounds and plays so good.

NBT=Nothin But Taylor.  That is my motto.  I have owned 5 different models, and currently have a 615CE.  I would love to get a GS and or a 810CE.  Also check out the T5 for a great acoustic and electric combination.

I've been to the plant and took a tour, and they are phenomenal.

kingscourt

Gordy ( o)==:::
[url=http://www.myspace.com/thekingscourt4u]www.myspace.com/thekingscourt4u[/url]
[url=http://www.taylorguitars.com]www.taylorguitars.com[/url]
[url=http://www.bose.com/musicians]www.bose.com/musicians[/url]

lol yeah that would be awesome if we had enough