1 (edited by Dirty Ed 2016-09-10 02:30:40)

Topic: New Picker

A new guitar picker has been added to the Willis clan.  Alden Alexander Willis (my son's first child and my 5th grandchild) made his appearance yesterday evening.  7lb 6oz and 19.5" so it might be a while before he can handle a dreadnaught, maybe we'll start with a soprano uke........  smile

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: New Picker

Congrats Dirty Ed! Sounds like you are working on building an entire orchestra!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Congratulations.  Our mutual friend Sawyer became a grandfather this week.  If you've got some back channel way to reach him, he'd probably love to hear from you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Congrats from me also smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Well Gramps, you got any good advise for those of us catchin' up?  (3 so far & all ladies) wink

Congrats on your newest addition!!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Congratulation. Always remember it is a grandfather's job to teach his grandchildren the pranks that they have not thought of yet. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Congrats on the new band member, DE!

We had our first grandchild (Abel) on July 31, and my son introduced me to him as his Grampie, who would one day be teaching him to play guitar. They usually start off as percussionists (banging on pots & pans) but you'll be trading licks with him before you know it. You must be very proud!

Congrats.  The world can always use another music lover!

Congratulations to you, Jen, and of course the proud parents as well!  I know that you and Jen were looking forward to this day.  Soak it up and enjoy it!  When you get a chance, kiss those sweet buttery little cheeks off a little.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Congrats, Grandsons can be a handful. Our 3 year old can run us ragged  , but we love him. As for the new Picker, You can never start them too soon.

Joe

congrats to you and your family. i have 11 grandkids oldest of which is 21, youngest 3. cherish them.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

congrats to you and your family. i have 11 grandkids oldest of which is 21, youngest 3. cherish them.

With 11 grandkids you're certainly blessed Phil.

My oldest grand daughter is 19.  Of my 5 grand kids, the three oldest have shown an interest in music and I've bought each of them the instrument of their choice and pay for their lessons.  I'm looking forward to see if my 4-year old grandson and the latest addition will also want to play an instrument.

DE

Congrats Ken!  I would bet monies the fellow might end up with a fishing pole in his hand before a guitar!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Congratulations Dirty Ed smile  .............  I too joined the ranks of being a grandparent (first one) 6 weeks ago tomorrow with a grandson.  Wishing you lots of treasured grandparent time with your grandchild smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Bass Viking wrote:

Congrats Ken!  I would bet monies the fellow might end up with a fishing pole in his hand before a guitar!

Yeah Jim, it'll be a toss-up between a fishing pole, yak paddle or guitar. smile