Topic: New Piece In The Making

I was just fooling around last week and came up with a chord progression the I liked the sound of. I went over to Scott's (my playing partner) on Sunday and played it for him. He added another section to it and this is what we came up with. This is the third take and I edited out the flubs. Not sure where it's going yet, maybe just an instrumental piece but who knows. 

Just thought I'd share it with my Chordie family.

https://vimeo.com/182792712

Re: New Piece In The Making

Hi UJ, nice bit of jamming and could see where the vocal could fit. But typical me I could also hear drums and bass. Good grooving let us know when it's finished.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

In my humble opinion it's a great instrumental and doesn't need lyrics. Scott really works hard and should be a contender for the Flying Fingers feature. It's a great tune to jam to, I could imagine a banjo in there. Ps, this is the first time I've come across vimeo.

Thick as two short planks

Phill Williams wrote:

Hi UJ, nice bit of jamming and could see where the vocal could fit. But typical me I could also hear drums and bass. Good grooving let us know when it's finished.

Thanks Phill. We've been thinking about a bass. Scott contacted a bass player last week from an ad he saw on craigslist. Turns out that right after he placed the ad, the engine in his car blew. He said he would get back to Scott when he gets that little problem taken care of.

keepitreal wrote:

In my humble opinion it's a great instrumental and doesn't need lyrics. Scott really works hard and should be a contender for the Flying Fingers feature. It's a great tune to jam to, I could imagine a banjo in there. Ps, this is the first time I've come across vimeo.

I'm leaning towards an instrumental too. And you're right. A banjo would add an interesting twist. Unfortunately we don't know any banjo players.

Scott isn't satisfied with the leads in the second section. He's working on it this week and we'll work on it again on Sunday.

I use Vimeo for things I don't want to put on one of my two YouTube pages. There is a 180 minute limit on content unless you buy in to Vimeo Pro.

Really enjoyed listening to listen, and agree Scott worked really hard on this number ......... you both compliment each other with your styles.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

You have the bones of a good tune there. With some  adjustments it will work real good. I can in my mind hear other instruments adding to the foundations you have laid down.