Topic: Ouch!!

Smashed the tip of the middle finger of my left hand with a 22 oz framing hammer yesterday. Looks like a firecracker was stuck in the end of my finger then lit.  Might be a while before I'm back to pickin' again. sad

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Ouch!!

Ouch,you were lucky it got a finger and not another sensitive body part.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Total bougusness! LOL But man I know that thing hurts! hope it heals quick.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

That thing won't heal fast !!  Good time to take up something like Dobro for a few months....

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Ouch, I feel your pains, both the physical one and the anguish at being unable to play. Heal well and quickly, my friend.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I lost every finger nail when was a diesel mechanic, and some toe nails too! I feel your pain. Ice might help?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Man, that really sucks, DE ... brutal. Everything heals eventually, but lets hope yours does quickly, and back close to its original shape. Now you'll have to use your other hand when a bad driver cuts in front of you. lol

That's exactly what happened to the ring finger on my right hand.  I broke the middle finger with the same stroke, but didn't now it because the ring finger smarted so badly.  I was playing bass then, but couldn't fret a note for about four weeks. I hope your recover is quicker.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ouch. I've done that, just once, thumb..   hope it heals fast...

badeye..                              cool

one caper after another

Thanks for all the sympathy and kind sentiments everyone.

The finger was unwrapped today and after cutting away dead skin its about 1/8" shorter than it was.  Good news is that the nerve endings were damaged so I'm not really feeling much pain.  I heal quickly according to the doctors that have treated a multitude of injuries I've incurred over the years from doing stupid things so I expect it shouldn't be but 2-3 weeks before I can use it.  Right now I'm having fun trying to figure out alternate ways to form chords with my other fingers.  I can pretty much play anything that only has 3 chords and is in the keys of A or D although the chord changes are a little slow. smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Sorry to hear that DE.

Hope it heals up right. I want to hear "Crop Circles" again. smile