Topic: Blast from the past

Last week my local paper had this photo from June 1966 so I had them e-mail me a decent copy of it. Neither my brother, Colin (sat at the front), or I can remember it being taken but I was dead chuffed as it is the only photo I have seen of my first 12 string guitar. I was still in college at the time and I worked at my father's village newsagents shop so I paid a little each week until I had it paid off. Roger

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15972521_1383823134982447_5634107099079274541_o.jpg?oh=eeee959477df50c10bc17d3b75907af0&oe=58DA25B3

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Blast from the past

All I can say is G!!! (as in the chord you're strumming in the photo).

That pic must bring back great memories Roger. Do you still keep in touch with your old band-mates?  And do you still own those plaid slacks? big_smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Roger

That is a super photo -    was this your band or just guys getting together to jam on guitars ?
too bad you all couldn't get together to stage a re-take  - a now and then re-mix!
And this brings me to the point I make all the time to my students - digital media pictures today -  a generation from now - everyone is going to be sorry that they didn't print out hard copies of their photos - instead they get deleted from phones and other forms  - because the storage card is full !
We are lucky to have access to these treasures.

Thanks for sharing - you guys were a HANDSOME BUNCH OF DUDES !

And somehow the song Joe's Garage by Frank Zappa popped in my head -   smile
nice 12er !

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That's great!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

This is excellent!

Great photo Roger.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman