Topic: Favorite Artist's

one of my fav's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUCZUNev … re=related

who do you like?????   post here..

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Re: Favorite Artist's

Had the pleasure of seeing Harry Chapin in Boston back in 1973 or so..  he was the opening act for Carly Simon.  He stole the show.  Excellent.  I have many faves, its hard to narrow down to just one.  I have to say one of my all time favorites is Neil Young..  no wait - Bonnie Raitt..  although..    see, its difficult.  Kinda like Lays potato chips..  just can't have one..
Deb

I love Amy Sky, Here is one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4xi_wy13Yc

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Way too many too list,but off the top of my head I listen too Eric Clapton the most.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Love it all

favourite artists this week

Paulo Nutini
Ron Sexsmith

The King Of Audio Torture

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-01-30 11:32:12)

To list favorite artists would take lots of bits & bytes. I like complex music that's full of surprises, high calibre musicianship, and unique arrangements. Otherwise it just doesn't hold my attention. Classical (symphonic, chamber, baroque), prog rock, and acoustic fingerstyle would be my 3 favorite genres. Here's 10 that are on the short list:

Jethro Tull
Pink Floyd / David Gilmour
Rush
Yes
Genesis / Steve Hackett
Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson
Gentle Giant / Three Friends
Spencer Elliott
Jon Gomm
Tangerine Dream

I seriously change my mind about every 20 minutes or so.  Depends on my mood and environment.

debrap - Long story - but I had a late dinner with Harry Chapin back in 1974 - after concert  in East Stroudsburg, Pa.
Nice, funny guy - too bad his demise.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Guy Clark has been dominating my music selections for a while.  I've been trying, rather poorly, to learn slide guitar in open D tuning so that I can get the intro to his "Bag of Bones" better.  It's not working out, but I'll keep at it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I love Guy Clark

Did you ever see those interviews with him I posted with my song the Sun is burning out ? It's posted here somewhere.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Yes ,,  Guy Clark..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia5FWZd253U

badeye            cool

one caper after another

I've been listening to a lot of Neil Young and Led Zep this past week

Welcome to Chordie Guy !!

Wander down to the Chat Section and introduce yourself to the Community, you'll find most folks are friendly and welcoming (and even at times helpful) and we are all on this musical journey together. smile

You show your location as LA.... is that Los Angeles or Louisana?? Either way you likely have a Chordian somewhere near you, we're everywhere !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

And eye an ear to Ray Price in his mid-80's on YouTube's "For The Good Times" reminds me that you're never too old...

Doug_Smith wrote:

Welcome to Chordie Guy !!

Wander down to the Chat Section and introduce yourself to the Community, you'll find most folks are friendly and welcoming (and even at times helpful) and we are all on this musical journey together. smile

You show your location as LA.... is that Los Angeles or Louisana?? Either way you likely have a Chordian somewhere near you, we're everywhere !!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Where is the chat section?

It's Los Angeles

Here is a link to the Chat Section.

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=16

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.