1 (edited by mojo01 2017-03-07 15:39:25)

Topic: a work in progress

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/one-long- … ely-nights
here is the first run at recording it

this may or may not be the final version will try to make  recording and get it posted tomorrow

Em                          G              D           Em      G   D
one long day and six more lonely nights
Em                          G               A                   Em      G    A
that's how long before my home bound flight

long time gone and a long long way from home
to many miles now I'm weary to the bone

done my time and I've over paid my dues
its left these scars its left me these tattoos

to many nights with out my woman to hold
for the almighty dollar has my soul been sold

I chose this life its the only one I know
a heavy price to pay I suppose

I told my wife got to do just one more tour
how much more can her love endure

six long months she waits at home alone
with nothing but a voice on the phone

when my plane lands I walk back through the door
its a smiling face when my bags hit the floor

it wont be long ill be on the road again
its what I do ill be home when I can

it pays my bills and keeps my family fed
don't want no nine to five id rather be dead

so hit i the road and head for parts unknown
wait for me and love me when I get home

one long day and six more lonely nights
that's how long before my home bound flight

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: a work in progress

I like that!
Cant wait to hear it

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Nice one mojo, it reminded me of my dad and mom. Dad was a long haul trucker back in the 50's and 60's and was on the road a lot. It was a hard life for Mom with four boys to raise up. I know she was lonely and missed him but that was life back then,  she did alright by us and kept us on the straight and narrow.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

nice
left u a message on thecloud

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Message on SC also. this not only is truckers/ just about anyone who has to be on the road to make a living including military.  My first year of marriage, I was home no more than 2 weeks a month.  Then  again, it also probably saved our marriage lol.  She spent a large portion on her own with the kids.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

this is the story of my life working in the oil field, I wrote a few lines that were for people in the military but I took them out because I was never in the military all except for one line ( I don't have any tattoos)I just felt like that was a whole separate story to be told. I don't think people appreciate the hardships family's go through when the job takes people away from  home for long periods of time. there are trade offs for the rewards and I would not trade my experience for anything. it takes a special kind of woman to handle the life that goes with a man that that is gone from home to make living. and I am blessed to have such a woman waiting for me when I get home. lol like beamer said I don't know if she could stand me if I was home all the time

out of tune out of key and out of touch