Topic: Comment on this thread if you think fixing chord pro should be a prio

...priority. I mean really put it as number one priority.  Its been like a year now hasnt it? Anyway, post on this thread if you think chord pro should be a priority. It's getting ridiculous. Why doesn't someone just say that they dont want to fix it and have no intention of fixing it ever? I'd respect that.  Just make a decision.  But saying someday is frustrating to those of us who want to use it. Just say yes or no and end it.

2 (edited by beamer 2016-12-19 23:33:07)

Re: Comment on this thread if you think fixing chord pro should be a prio

I am not a MOD but from talking to some, I don't think the owner of the site is going to do anything. There is a workaround, you can download the free version of Songster and copy and paste and it will take care of it for you,  So its what I have done.  is it a little inconvenient? Yes. Does it bother me? Nope. ITS ALL FREE.  If I paid,  yes I would be upset.

R/
THE METALIZER

P.S.  You have 104 post, Why not be an active member of the forum with a positive contribution and see how good this site still is.  Join the family, or keep lurking its up to you.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

zengalileo wrote:

...priority. I mean really put it as number one priority.  Its been like a year now hasnt it? Anyway, post on this thread if you think chord pro should be a priority. It's getting ridiculous. Why doesn't someone just say that they dont want to fix it and have no intention of fixing it ever? I'd respect that.  Just make a decision.  But saying someday is frustrating to those of us who want to use it. Just say yes or no and end it.

we do not have the power to do it. Send an e-mail too the administrater.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have spoken to the site owner, this is being worked on now and hopefully will be up and running shortly. It is not the case of 'flicking a switch'; there is a great deal of involved in writing the software and ensuring the safety and integrity of Chordie when changes are implemented.

Be patient, keep smiling, help someone who is in need and I am sure it will not be long before your wish is granted.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

In addition to what Roger said above, none of us pay to be a member here so none of us has the right to demand anything. We can make suggestions, try that in future.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I guess you can't ask for anything without people saying you are : unappreciative, demanding, should just be happy chordie doesn't murder me, depressed, angry, not a member of the chordie religion, not posting enough, an incessant complainer, just want something for free cuz I like taking advantage of people, am a chordie hater, don't have a life, should be a better person, my mother is ugly... Just asking for something is a sin around here unless you are Jesus Christ apparently.  Seriously folks. Calm down. I am not a terrorist. I am just asking for chordpro to work like it used to. It is the main reason I come here.  I am not insulting your mothers.

The below is my personal opinion and doesn't reflect that of the website.

It's not THAT you ask, ZG, it's HOW you ask. This website is made up of all volunteer moderators and is a community. The site owner isn't exactly turning into Steve Jobs due to Chordie bankroll; consider this more like a passion project for all of us.

So when your requests insult the site and site management as "ridiculous," or when you only come here to complain, or when you imply that we are personally insulting you...yeah, you may expect such invectives to be met with deaf ears.

Easy does it.

It is beyond ridiculous that chord pro still doesn't work 2 1/2 years after it went down. It's not an insult, it's a fact. REEE Dik You Lusss.

WELL THAT'S US TOLD! SO WHY DON'T YOU RESIGN YOUR MEMBERSHIP AND ASK FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION RETURNED? OH! NO ONE PAYS A SUBSCRIPTION, MAYBE YOU'D BE HAPPY WITH MY SHARE OF THE PICKLES WE GET FOR KEEPING THE SITE CLEAR OF RAVING LUNATICS AND SPAMMERS? THAT WAS A JOKE, YOU MUST KNOW WHAT THAT'S LIKE? IT'S A METAPHORICAL PICKLE.

Let me remind you of the rules: spam, abuse, bad language and threats are bannable offences and in my opinion you are stretching the line to the limit. You sound like a petulant child, stamping your feet because you cant get your own way. Man up, you've been informed of a work around, try it or do you just want everything laid out on a plate for your easy use?

I will probably get a slapped wrist for this reply, but it was worth it.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

zengalileo wrote:

It is beyond ridiculous that chord pro still doesn't work 2 1/2 years after it went down. It's not an insult, it's a fact. REEE Dik You Lusss.

Go build your own site that does it and let us know.

What is meant to be wrong with the Chord Pro view? I have not come across any songs where it is not working?

Liz

Play the Ukulele: The most fun you can have doing something badly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not going to say I'm no Jim Morrison, I'm not going to say I'm no John Lennon - I'm not going to say I'm like The Monkees neither! - 'I'm a Believer!' - Some people say I make a pretty good musician - but I've always argued that's going to take me a long time . . . "
Wild Man Fischer

Pleased to see you back on here Liz !!  Always enjoyed your posts, and kinda missed you.

I think this issue is past history.... he was a little "chipped" about something and I never did figure out what exactly why it was such a big deal to him.  Like you said " I have not come across any songs where it is not working?", so perhaps he was using Chordie to format songs that were not in our index and that function dropped out when the upgrade happened ??

Who knows?  Anyway wanted to let you know we are happy to see you are still around after these many many months!  Welcome Home !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

13 (edited by Horer1974 2017-09-27 17:23:09)

Baldguitardude wrote:
zengalileo wrote:

Go build your own site that does it and let us know.

U know its easyer to comment here, then to build your own site or whatever! Thats how people are!!