Topic: What guitar can I use to make zambian rock music

Is it suitable for me to be using metalic rock instruments to make my zambian rock songs though it is not very popular here

Re: What guitar can I use to make zambian rock music

Well in all music regardless of origin, it is surely about "that sound" which may be specific to the "traditional" instruments involved.  With the advances in technology in electronic musical instruments I would expect you will be able to "find something" that closely replicates the sounds associated with the genre of music without having to master the more traditional instruments (that may take years to master) without any kind of helpful Internet tutorials.  Experimentation is encouraged, and you will be successful in achieving your "sound" I'm sure.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Post some links to the sound you're going for and I will promise to give you well-intentioned advice.  Might be off mark though.  I'm not nearly as good at choosing guitars as Joey or Russ.

4 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-07-15 11:52:38)

I went on-line looking for samples of "Zambian Rock Music", and came up a bit empty. There has been a lot of great music over the years which has southern African influences, and Paul Simon's "Graceland" album (1986) comes to mind, among many others. Another great example is the 70's group "Osibisa" ... here's a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMUyvwejNA

Mixing up the instruments in any genre can be creative and often refreshing, so let your imagination wander and go for it!