Topic: Finally all my hard work is paying off...

Our band is finally getting our first paying gig at a little bar/cafe down the street. It's only a 30 minute set but we are psyched! not very often do 14 year olds get paid for doing something they love...check out our song on www.myspace.com/mindshaft5

PS: we're playing on one of the bars "all ages accepted night" meaning from 6-9 its more family friendly wink

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Re: Finally all my hard work is paying off...

Getting your first paying job is a great thing. If you want more paying jobs then you'll have to start paying your dues now.
What I mean is this. First take all the money that you make and put it away for a rainy day. Simply put; you never know when you'll need new strings, picks, or even an instrument might get broken.
Second, volunteer as much as you can without it interfering with either your education or your health. Simply put; volunteer at nursing homes, childrens hospitals, public libraries, schools, etc...
Third thing is to set all your goals reachable. Simply put; you want to make a million then youve got to be willing to take all nickle and dime jobs, at least in the begining
Last thing is for you to understand that greed will destroy the best of friendships; The leader of the bands gets paid the most, the the singer, then the song writer, then the band, and so on and so forth, and when the money starts coming in everyone will want a bigger piece of the pie. Have everyone sign an agreement as to who gets paid what. Money WILL come between the closest of friends.
All you may ever want to do is play something small, but make sure you know where the money is going. Best of luck to you. Don't let my few lines discourage you, I just want this to be informative. Don't go out without a little information.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...