1 (edited by Old Doll 2007-08-24 07:08:35)

Topic: Mother Earth!

This song is about the joy My Son has given me over the last 30 years in our Home!
He is now moving to His own new Home. Will i miss him ? Yes! But i am gaining soon i hope a beautiful new Daughter in law!! So every goodwish is wished for you Son and your Gem....

Mother EarthWords by Helena Donovan

July 2007

[G] Mother earth thy work is [Em]done,

My[A] jobcomplete with number [D7] one

You guided [G] me to do it [Em] right

With [A] love and [D7]just enough [G]foresight.

[G]Birth to arms first[Em] embrace.

Searching [A]eyes never left my[D7] face

A bond so [G] great I'd never [Em] known

The[A] gift of [D7] love in flesh and[G] bone.

Chorus 1

[C]The happy times of [D7] childlike rhyme,

[G] HickeroryDickery [Em] lost in time.

[C]Teaching him and [D7] myself to.

[Am]Mothering times so much to [D7] do

The gift of [G] you to me young [Em] man

Was [A] part of Gods eternal [D7] plan

First from [G] seed to watch you [Em] grow

Me to [Am] learn to [D7] let you [G] go.

Chorus 2

[C]The cold dark night we [D7] sat for hours

[G] Heavenly Stars lightening [Em] up the hours

[C] A tiny squeak, the [D7] first pup born

[Am] Another 6 before the [Dm] dawn.

Every[G] day you are to [Em] me

So [A] Colourful like a Christmas[D7]tree

Goon young [G] man your dreams are [ Em] planned

Long[A] live and love your[D7] beautiful young[G] lover.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Mother Earth!

Lena,
Beautifully expressive song full of love for your son. I wish I had your way with Lyrics.
I to have experienced the feeling of children  leaving home  and the joy and saddness it can bring.
Well done

Ark

Helena,
Now this is a beautiful song. I'll soon face this situation in my life, flip-flopped though.(father/daughter) Your songwriting is inspirational.
Ciao Bella,
Southpaw41L

Give everything but up.

no other way to say it than "what beauty spoken from an angel's mouth could ever fall upon deaf ears?"

"Fly on Proud Bird, At Last You Are Free"
-Charlie Daniels

Beautigul song Lena, You love your son.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

lovely family sentiments ,i was'nt allowed to see my first born
{we were'nt married then}there for next two,cesarian for twins,then saw last two .the most beutiful experience in your life.

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi,
And as always thank you  all for your kind words.

Southpaw411,
I always did feel it must be harder for men and there Daughters! Especially being the Daddies Girl"
Love your description,"flipped flopped" through! conjured up an amusing image...

Old Doll.

Dolly, finally I put a song on chordie. It looks easy but it is a tricky song, because you need to change a few times your finger position. I think this is for the more experienced players.
I wrote it already 2 months ago, when my mother was in hospital. It is a ballad, but if you really want, and you use an electric guitar, you have more a rock song. It took me long, because I was focused too much on the D, and it took me a while before I could play it as I saw it in my head. The problem was to add a refrain, I tried a lot of chords, even using #, dim, b, to end finally with a stupid A chord. A7 to be precise, a chord that can be played using 2 fingers or an A on the 2nd fret with a finger on the first string (E string) on the 3th fret.
I wish I could hear your song.
There must be a way?
I finally buyed the BOSS BR 600, to record my stuff, or covers, they "settle down" on a compact flash card, I put it in the computer, but I didn't use it yet.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Docphil,
Good Morning  to you and hope your well!
I will have to do this later as ive been away only 2 days and ive lots to do today! including my work! I take it this is an instrumental piece?.
I do have ways of recording, but need to take the time! I never did like recording my own voice!
Delighted your Boss Br 600  you emailed me about arrived! We will be expecting to hear a lot more from you now! You have to live up to your name RockDoc! No Pressure now Lieven!!
Anyways have a good painfree day,  i really need to start my work!

Slán
Old Doll.

Hi Helena,

A beautiful song about a mother's love for her son. I think you really should record this, I would love to hear you sing it. Well Done.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Helena
Ive just spent the last bit of time going back on a lot of the songs you have posted here. You truly have the gift to write beautiful lyrics.This is a very moving song that you wrote for your son.I especially like the line"Hickory Dickory  Lost in Time" Has your son and new bride had the chance to hear it ?
There are also other songs you've posted but the links to hear them are not working.Do you have a site where a fan could have a listen.
Hope all is finding you well
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

No I dont MO.

I just had them on Foc  { Friends of Chordie }here. There is one still there i wrote.
Broken Bones". Phil Williams" recorded and added to it. A superb job i may add.

I really hate recording. I dont have enough knowledge. My brother helps me with this.
I can link some to you if you care to send your Email.

Yes, my son has heard it and his lady.They  Loved it!

Old Doll.

Hi Kap,

If you care to go to: http://www.myspace.com/roger4songs you will find "Special You" and "Will You Dance With Me" of Helena's.

Unfortunately with MySpace you can only keep 6 songs and to be fair to all with Friemds of Chordie I have always removed the oldest song from there when a new one is sent to me to be added. This link I have given you is a spare MySpace of mine that I keep for such an eventuality as this. I am down in the Algarve at the moment and I think I may have some more of Helena's songs on my main PC back at home. When I get back I will look and see if I can find another two to add here.

Roger

Thanks for the links Roger,just finished listening to them and they are as I thought they would be.Wonderfully sung and written.As I was saying to Helena I find the Irish accent a very emotional accent. Well done Helena.
Are "Donna my Little Girl" and "Failed Marriage" your songs?
I'll have to find out from you how to post up my tunes on the net.I'm sure its not as easy as it looks.
Thanks Again
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Kap,

"Donna My Little Girl" is one of Jeff (Jets60)'s song which I adapted for my daughter Donna (who is not really so little as her son is 19 although she will always be my little girl). "Failed Marriage" was a poem that my ex-wife Sue sent me that I put to music. It is also me that is singing  and fingerpicking with Helena in "Will You dance With Me".

If you do open a MySpace be sure to sign up as a Artist, several of us have made the mistake of a normal sign up only to find that you cannot upload songs and have to cancel, wait 24 hours and re-sign. I run Friends of Chordie solely for the use of Chordie Members and I can always put a song on there for you if you wish.

Roger

Lena you always leave me floating with your magical verse..such a treasure you are
marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

helena excellent lyrics they are very moving,I can see the picture in my mind and that is the only way to tell I dont even have to play the chords the words are enough but I will strum over them so I can appreciate the whole song well done! my lady of the emerald isle smile smile I regret  there are no stars to add it would take quite a lot of space as deserved.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Well 17 replies says something...most I ve seen  WOW

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Thank You Roger,

for posting the links to FOC. Also to all you Gentlemen for
your comments.  As always there  are graciously accepted.:lol:

Old Doll.

ROGER try imeem you can upload whoever wants to have a song and there is no limit this includes videos and photos and its a really nice site and its easy to design yourself and if you set up a "group" whoever wants to join will be allowed to login and upload anything and you can choose as many moderaters as you want so you wont have to be overworked keeping tabs on every person who wishes to upload. I posted this information 6 weeks ago for the very same reason

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Kap,

If you care to go to: http://www.myspace.com/roger4songs you will find "Special You" and "Will You Dance With Me" of Helena's.

Unfortunately with MySpace you can only keep 6 songs and to be fair to all with Friemds of Chordie I have always removed the oldest song from there when a new one is sent to me to be added. This link I have given you is a spare MySpace of mine that I keep for such an eventuality as this. I am down in the Algarve at the moment and I think I may have some more of Helena's songs on my main PC back at home. When I get back I will look and see if I can find another two to add here.

Roger

Hi Russ,

I must have missed your previous message about this I am up to the neck in work this week and moving next week but as soon as I get time I will look into this, it sounds promicing.

Thank you,

Roger

your welcome i think it will really provide a excellent site for all the chordie members who have anything even poetry and if they put there writen music in a printed out chordie chopro it can be uploaded as a photo, I have uploaded sheet music arrangments and the group forum will allow members to exchange or download anything on the site so it is well worth the effort smile