Topic: Thank you and all the best

Doug Smith, beamer, Tenement Funster, Russell Harding, TIGLJK, Zurf, Strummerboy Bill, Baldguitardude and many others who are too many to mention. I wish you and others Chordie members the very best now and always.

Chordie is more than a place to come to for music chords and riffs. It is a close community with wonderful members who support each other. It those who are great song writers and poets.

One thing I would change are those who are self promoting and constantly post without thought, and do videos who at first I thought were a joke and then realized they think they are good. What they do not realize is they are not the normal on Chordie at all.

So with a tip of a hat, and a many memorable times, I bid you all adieu.  And this will be my final post.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: Thank you and all the best

Gidday Classical
oooch is this me?
have sent you a private message
good on you for being honest

The King Of Audio Torture

We will miss your participation, Best of Luck as you go forward.  Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-12 23:34:59)

Minimizing, distorting, or disregarding what people are trying to achieve is not helpful to anyone, The assumption that anyone on here thinks they are good is very unfair. On Chordie we do  sometimes make the wrong trade-off by thinking that boosting a person's  self-esteem is going to boost their performance,  I think most people see chordie for what it is, just  every day  people having a bit of harmless fun looking to learn. I do accept that empty praise of telling someone they’re great, or pretending they are can  become a problem and give them a false sense of their talent.  I see chordie as an international party with  a diverse range of people having fun doing what they love. Classical Guitar your posts on chordie I  have enjoyed.  You leaving chordie  is a sad loss.  All the very  best for the future to you and your family.

5 (edited by Phill Williams 2018-01-12 23:43:12)

Well said Peatle. It is such a shame that some musos feel that they are so far above the (possibly) less talented that they cant bring themselves to even offer help, assistance or conversation to us less fortunate.
C.G. I hope you find a place where the standard is equal to your own.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Well said Peatle. It is such a shame that some musos feel that they are so far above the (possibly) less talented that they cant bring themselves to even offer help, assistance or conversation to us less fortunate.
C.G. I hope you find a place where the standard is equal to your own.

LIKE.....   badeye   cool

one caper after another

hasta la vista baby

out of tune out of key and out of touch

It was good getting to know you some, CG.  Thanks for hanging out here, when you did.  I'm sorry the small community here wasn't what you were hoping it would be, and I do genuinely hope you find a group that suits you better. 

Thanks to for your feedback.  Negative or positive, as long as it is honest and serves a constructive purpose, I'm all for feedback.

Since this topic is basically a goodbye, I'm going to close it from further posts.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.