Re: Things We Hate...Or at least Dislike VERY MUCH!!

id take martial arts an shooting sports not to mention hunting over baseball football of any variety, or any other such sport

So Red Delicious

I feel like Marty McFly here. I must've stumbled across an 18th century argument here.

It is pleasing, however, to know that there are people in the USA  who are aware that other countries exist. Please don't take that the wrong way. America is such a huge country that it's very easy to be mildly aware of small countries like mine and yet have no understanding of them whatsoever. There are shades of this in a few post here referring to the Queen of England. I am not English yet she is still my Queen. I'll not bother explaining this: it's a long story.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

i will bloody explain it, lol, na, causes arguments,
but she is not my queen even though she is the queen of Great Britain. I swore no allegience to her or the royal family and never will!!! I even hate all politicians,lol.

Land was here before humans and will be here when we have destroyed the planet so much we cannot live on it, land is no mans ( or womens fo the female extremists,lol)

woodie guthrie sums it all up in a song.lol

( why do people saythings that make me mouth off?)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

179 (edited by alvee33 2007-08-23 18:25:38)

Sorry Ken. I'm sure you understood what I meant. Historically speaking.

She used to be our queen.  We rid ourselves of those notions, and fired her.

"Divine Right of Monarchs" vs "All Men Are Created Equal."

That is the philosophical argument.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I think you'll find that "devine right of monarchs" died with the Jacobites.

Marty McFly again. lol

alvee33 wrote:

I think you'll find that "devine right of monarchs" died with the Jacobites.

yep, that they did.

And that reminds me, I am away to play that on my guitar yet again, "ye jacobites by name", then i will do "bonnie dundee" 9 went down very well in the pub last night".

Also I am learning on guitar ( but usually done on Bodhran) brig 'o' stirling  ( translated, bridge of stirling)

Oh how i wished I lived a couple of hundred years ago and know then what I know now.

I really would be King ,lol, pmsl

Ken

184 (edited by alvee33 2007-08-24 16:39:28)

Hey, Ken, do you have a collection of trad scottish folk songs? I've been looking for stuff for ages.

Too dang lazy to transcribe them myself.

Hi UYK/Alvee
Is there music to these Charming Words? lol.. My self and a friend are looking for Chords?

Oh a Scotsman tried and true left the bar one evening fair

And one could tell by how he walked he'd had more than his share

He stumbled round 'til he could no longer keep his feet

Then he stumbled off unto the grass to sleep beside a stream.

Ring-ding diddle diddle aye-dee-oh

Ring di-diddle-aye-oh

Oh he stumbled off unto the grass to sleep beside a stream.

Well about that time two young and lovely ladies happened by

And one said to the other, with a twinkle in her eye

"Oh see yon sleepy Scotsman, so strong and handsome built?"

"Well I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilts."

Ring di-diddlee-aye-oh

"Oh I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilts."

Well they snuck up to that sleeping Scotsman, quiet as could be

And they lifted up his kilt a little bit so they might see

And there for them to behold, beneath that Scottish skirt,

Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth.

Ring di-diddlee-aye-oh

Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth.

Well they marveled for a moment, then one said, "We must be gone."

"Well let's leave a present for our friend before we move along."

As a gift, they left a blue silk ribbon tied into a bow

Around the bonnie sword the

Scotsman's kilt beneath did show.

Ring di-diddlee-aye-oh

Around the bonnie sword the Scotsman's kilt beneath did show.

Well the Scotsman a little later, he awoke to nature's call

And as he lifted up his kilt, what he got and what he saw,

And in a strangled voice, he said, "I can't believe me eyes!"

"I don't know where ye been, me lad, but I see ye took first prize!"

Ring di-diddlee-aye-oh

"I don't know where ye been, me lad, but I see ye took first prize!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

This is for upyerkilt;
Ken,
Given the fact the you're the unofficial King of Scotland and all I thought this would be a great addition to your song list. Forgive my oversight if you already do it;
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.u … ;id=327587

Have a great day,
Toney

Give everything but up.

thanks toney,
Nope never have done this,  donteven know if I have actually heard it until i hear it, but I like the pyircs an this could be a song I might do.

Old doll, superb lyrics. I tihnk I might have heard that or soemthing like that I am sure.

al,
your reply is the next post ,lol

Ken

alvee33 wrote:

Hey, Ken, do you have a collection of trad scottish folk songs? I've been looking for stuff for ages.

yep Al, I got quite a bit.

I went to a site and worked ot chords myself, normally all folk stuff is really eas, in the key of G or C or D with very basic chords A,C,G,D, Em F

I will e mail you what i have if you like. Mostly Corries and and quite a few irish songs.

Ken

upyerkilt wrote:
alvee33 wrote:

yep Al, I got quite a bit.

I went to a site and worked ot chords myself, normally all folk stuff is really eas, in the key of G or C or D with very basic chords A,C,G,D, Em F

I will e mail you what i have if you like. Mostly Corries and and quite a few irish songs.

Ken

right ok, e mailed ye about half a book full so if your email looks stuck it is all the files I am sedning,lol

Ken

Cheers man.
Those links will come in handy too.
My problem most of the time is remembering the words. Not my strong point. I was playing a few songs one night and my brother started singing along and in most songs he was word perfect. And I know he hasny heard these songs for years. How he does it I don't know. He also plays the pipes and plays all tunes from memory. I must've mised out on the memory gene.

Al,
I know how ye feel. I carry 4 folders of lyrics about whenever i take the guitar out.
Good folders to use are the clear pouch style things, the covers are red,blue,purple, pink or clear etc
In one of my blue ones are my own songs
Orange one is full of my jamming songs ( most popular one wit hfolk songs)
Other blue one is songs I like to do but not as often as the orange book and the clear book I have is ful of pik floyd, syd barrett, a few beatles, dylan, and a few others, ( also anoter well used book)

My problem I thnk is I try to learn too many songs at once to remember all the lyrics, or if I remember the lyrics I will forget the chords ,lol
If I took one book, hid the rest,  ithin kI might manage to learn them all of by heart, but I would forget again if I idnt play them all the time.
Maybe it is the moist air we have in the west of scotland that makes oor memories so bad? Or was it the drugs I abused when I was younger? ( jokin)

Also got a music stand too that the books fit on perfectly.

Ken

192 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2007-08-26 19:42:30)

You'd be surprised at the amount of performers that have lyric aids. Whether it be in a book on a stand directly in front of the performer, or scrolling across a lyric monitor on the floor. Some of the bigger acts use an invisible screen with the lyrics visible to the performer behind the screen and not visible to the audience on the other side of the screen. Others are playing along with pre-recorded versions of the song they're playing. They listen to the recorded music mixed with what they're playing live. And as we all know, it's much easier to sing along with something than to sing unaccompanied. I use a songbook when I play out, have done so for 25 years. I'd rather the audience know I'm reading lyrics and get them right than not have a songbook and sing the wrong lyric. Performing in front of a crowd is huge pressure so any tool of comfort to ease the performer's job (this does not include drum machines or sequencers!!!) is acceptable in my book.

I recommend covering your music with clear plastic sleeves. This'll protect them from liquid (alcohol,rain,etc..) damage. Also, get some clips, vices, or some sort of clamp to keep the wind from turning your pages. And as Ken said, categorize your music for easy access. Thanks greatly to chordie my song count is over 1,800 songs.(6 huge 3 ring binder notebooks full)

Have a groovy day,
Southpaw41L

ps. Ken, If you ever make it over to the U.S. bring along yer guitar and songbooks. I've got an empty channel or two on my mixing board with yer name on it.

Give everything but up.

lol,
ok Toney, will do.

I was planning a trip over there in te next few years but  iwill have to wait and see. Would be going to Georgia and Alabama if I get over.

Ken

Hi Ken - Georgia and Alabama are close to Mississippi.  Should your travel plans work out, I would enjoy meeting you.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Ha!  I'm late on this thread...but...

Things I hate:

* When favorite bands decide to turn political and start flapping their gums about politics.  I said it once and I said it again - music should UNITE people and not DIVIDE them
*  The whole Democrat/Liberal vs. Republican/Conservative thing going on in the U.S.  It's gotten way too mean and hostile when it really doesn't need to be - it's simply a political difference - GET OVER IT!  Insulting the other party won't make them suddenly decide to vote for your side's candidates
*  California-type Paris Hilton-wannabe chicks that bake themselves to death, bleach their hair, wear large sunglasses in a pathetic attempt to look like an incognito celebrity, wearing sweatpants with 4" high heels, and act stupid because it's "cool" and weave all over the highways while sending text-messages on their cell phones
*  Celebrities that get away with everything because they're famous
*  The lack of female role models for my daughter
*  The smell of roadkill
*  The fact that there IS no unbiased news source
*  People that act as if I should be against the war because my husband is in the military
*  Those that can't fight fair without insulting someone and calling them "uneducated" simply because their opinion differs
*  Those that jeopardize the lives of our troops and allied troops by spouting off stupid things to the media that should remain confidential
*  Conspiracy theories about everything
*  The fact that MySpace is one of the most popular sites on the 'net today and the developers STILL can't keep it working half the time
*  Cattiness, pettiness, jealousy
*  Hypocritical people and/or actions
*  When my husband farts and blames it on our kids
*  When my husband farts and blames it on me
*  Green Day

And that about sums it up.

sanguine wrote:

did you know the tyrants of athens and ancient greece were brought to power by the support of the people and that the people got rid of them whenever they failed in their duties?

I did know that.  Ironically,  it used to be that the Kings were elected by the people, back when they were just tribal chieftains.   I think the rise of the Catholic church after the fall of Rome had much to do with the "divine right" notion so popular amongst todays monarchs.   There was a bit of a power sharing agreement between the monarchs, and the heads of the church.  That served them well, but the people not so much.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

upyerkilt wrote:

lol,
ok Toney, will do.

I was planning a trip over there in te next few years but  iwill have to wait and see. Would be going to Georgia and Alabama if I get over.

Ken

That's cool Ken, I'm in Florida, the state just south of Georgia and Alabama.It's about a 4 hour drive from the Florida state line to where I reside( Tampa Bay area). Perhaps destiny will cross our paths sometime in the future.
Best Regards,
Toney

Give everything but up.

I hate spammers and telemarketers...

Paper cuts under fingernails........guess what happened yesterday.....
Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Here's my contribution to this thread - its a song I wrote listing stuff that's 'On My List' of dislikes.  The song is posted in the Songwriting section of the forum:
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3749

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]