1 (edited by deadeye 2018-02-24 14:21:01)

Topic: Nothing Left to Hold But the Throttle

First time posting - Did this a few years ago and sort of forgot about it.  Happy to hear any comments good or bad.

Wish I could post the SoundCloud link but I guess you need to post a lot more for that privilege.

Nothing Left to Hold but the Throttle

Verse 1

[Am] Another day in the saddle,

another [G] week on the road.

[D] Since you been gone girl,

[Am] this Harley's my home.

[Am] A few more miles and

Ill [G] crash for the night.

[D} Come next morning,

[Am] I'll roll back out of sight.

**Chorus:

Girl I got [D] nothing left to hold but the [Am] throttle.

I got [D] nothing left to kiss except the [Am] bottle.

[D] The open road sends an [C] invitation.

So I [E] ride like hell with no [Am] destination.

Verse 2

[Am] Another biker bar smells like

[G] sweat and whiskey.

So I [D] order another, ˇ

wonder [Am] if you miss me.

You think I'm hard to love and

my [G] hearts made of iron.

But [D] without you baby,

my [Am] engines dying.
ˇ
Chorus:
ˇ
Verse 3

[Am] Now I ride through the cold and

the [G] pouring rain,

through the [D] dust and the dirtˇbutˇIˇ

[Am] feel no pain,

until I close my eyes and

I [G] see your face,

and [D] remember your smile and

[Am] whisper   your name.
ˇ
Chorus:

ˇˇVerse 4

[Am] I got a full tank of gas and theˇ

[G] motors a pumpin.

the [D] winds in may face and the

[Am] pipes are a thumping.ˇ

Thisˇsteel horse and leather,

it [G] keeps me together.ˇ

but I [D] got to keep on rolling since

since I [Am] lost you forever.

ˇ

Chorus:

Re: Nothing Left to Hold But the Throttle

Hey Deadeye - Thanks for posting this. I think it will sound great. I'll look for it on soundcloud and see if I can find it, and add the link if I do. You shouldn't have to wait too long. Welcome!

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Found it..like it too...https://soundcloud.com/user123641034/no … e-throttle

I bet others will as well! Great first song here, but you set your bar pretty high in my opinion.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Great song deadeye good lyrics playing and voice if I had one negative thing to say it that the guitar drown out the voice a bit. But apart from that excellent.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Deadeye
That is an awesome song!!!

Love the lyrics and the rhythym

S\ounds like a mix of Dylan and Ray Wylie Hubbard - both of whom I hold in highest regard!
WELL  DONE !!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Deadeye
That is an awesome song!!!

Love the lyrics and the rhythym

Sounds like a mix of Dylan and Ray Wylie Hubbard - both of whom I hold in highest regard!
If I were to sugest a change - I would switch the lines around in the chorus

The open road  sends an invitation
I'm riding like hell with no destination
I got nothing left to kiss but the bottle
Girl I got  nothing left to hold but the throttle.

with that said - don't change it unless YOU want too - it's pretty damn perfect as it is!
WELL  DONE !!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Deadeye when I was younger drifting around from place to place your song reminded me of many a biker I met. Men on the run from relationship break ups.  Your chorus: is spot on. I enjoyed the way you did it on soundcloud.  Those words below of yours  bring back many a memory of Bikers I knew.
Girl I got nothing left to hold but the  throttle.
I got nothing left to kiss except the  bottle.
The open road sends an  invitation.
So I ride like hell with no  destination.

jets60 wrote:

Found it..like it too...https://soundcloud.com/user123641034/no … e-throttle

I bet others will as well! Great first song here, but you set your bar pretty high in my opinion.

Thank you for finding it and posting it and thanks for your kind comments.

Peatle Jville wrote:

Deadeye when I was younger drifting around from place to place your song reminded me of many a biker I met. Men on the run from relationship break ups.  Your chorus: is spot on. I enjoyed the way you did it on soundcloud.  Those words below of yours  bring back many a memory of Bikers I knew.

Thanks, I think a lot of bikers can relate.

ctech wrote:

Great song deadeye good lyrics playing and voice if I had one negative thing to say it that the guitar drown out the voice a bit. But apart from that excellent.

You are right on, recorded with a phone and it was closer to the guitar than my face !  Thank you for the kind comments.

Posted a few more on Soundcloud that I had lying around the computer

I thought I'd already replied to this...oh well! Sorry bout that.

I like this very much, your voice suits it perfectly maybe cos I listened to it on my tablet, I didn't find the guitar overpowering. I thought I detected some Bon Jovi in there? Listened to your other tracks, all covers, did you put your voice over karaoke tracks? Very good sound, I hope you'll put up more of your own self penned songs.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

I thought I'd already replied to this...oh well! Sorry bout that.

I like this very much, your voice suits it perfectly maybe cos I listened to it on my tablet, I didn't find the guitar overpowering. I thought I detected some Bon Jovi in there? Listened to your other tracks, all covers, did you put your voice over karaoke tracks? Very good sound, I hope you'll put up more of your own self penned songs.

Thanks. I don't know what you mean by karaoke tracks - its just me and one guitar. On some, effects like reverb were added. My voice isn't autotuned or anything. Nothing fancy.

Peatle Jville wrote:

that is a pretty cool line

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Well done Deadeye!  I spent a lot of time in the saddle, not because a failed relationships, I just liked the road better. I had a theory that if a man was honest and true with folks and had 365 people to call friends, he would always have a warm/dry place to sleep. The theory proved correct and I've got great memories from living the life I chose, although it didn't make for a huge bank account, I still believe it was worth the ride, if you never slept in the woods with your bike chained to a tree, you might have missed something.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

once again i have to apologise...sorry, i may have listened to other songs by some other artist?
i don't know why but it seems your song is no longer available, i hope you didn't take it down thinking i was being negative? i wasn't it is a very good song well performed. the other songs must have been on some kind of link so i thought they were you? in a totally different style i may add.
so when do we hear more of your music?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Deadeye you have got a good voice I would love to hear more songs that you have written. I  have got a mate who writes lots of songs and every now and then he writes a good one but sadly he never puts them out there for others to hear.  I think you might have some original gems waiting to be put out on soundcloud. Songwriters sometimes let their lack of confidence hold back good songs that could be of interests to others..

18 (edited by deadeye 2018-03-03 22:52:36)

Phill Williams wrote:

once again i have to apologize...sorry, i may have listened to other songs by some other artist?
i don't know why but it seems your song is no longer available, i hope you didn't take it down thinking i was being negative? i wasn't it is a very good song well performed. the other songs must have been on some kind of link so i thought they were you? in a totally different style i may add.
so when do we hear more of your music?

I have reposted a couple other artists and that may be what you heard.  If its listed under tracks, its something I uploaded. It's fun to just put a few things out there.  I wish I had time to write more original stuff.  I appreciate all the feedback. I have not removed anything and I don't think Soundcloud has removed it either.

19 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-03-04 21:17:35)

Deadeye soundcloud had moved your song down the list so Jet60 link came up showing your song as deleted. Here is a new link to it.
https://soundcloud.com/eadeye/nothing-l … e-throttle

Just awesome all round, great lyrics, vocals and guitar smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan