Re: CHORDIESTOCK VI - 3/16/18 - 3/18/18

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

We will be there. Staying at the Days Inn 34th St. North. St. Petersburg. Taking a Greyhound. My girlfriend Chris will be coming.

How long will it take by bus?

unclejoesband wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

We will be there. Staying at the Days Inn 34th St. North. St. Petersburg. Taking a Greyhound. My girlfriend Chris will be coming.

How long will it take by bus?

2 days. Leaving Wednesday afternoon out of Worcester. Should be there Friday morning. Check in isn`t until 3:00 pm.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

3Xj  you guys are hard core!
Im excited! I get to finally meet you in person (and chris too!) and UJB and BGD and ill get to meet Paul also, all in one shot! I love this! how much better can this get?!!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

The bus arrives in Orlando at 11:30 pm. Then there is a 6 hour wait for the next one. Then into St. Petersburg at 8:30. Check in is at 3:00 if the room isn`t vacant. After a rough start Friday, it will go nice and smooth. Lol. I decided to bring my trusty old Gibson LG 2. (subject to change).

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

We will be there starting Wednesday so if you need some place quiet to pass out or store your stuff for a few hours of shut eye Friday am, we have you covered.

neophytte wrote:
topdown wrote:

likely dependent on the amount of bourbon I have consumed

it might be Jx6 + UJBx2!!! wink

UncleJoeyJoeyJoey'sBand!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I`m looking into taking a Greyhound and finding a hotel close by.  Still in the planning stages.  Hoping to make it. It will be just me.

Riding the dog that far is hard core! Jx3 wins. He even beats Paul, because every mile traveled by bus equals 50 miles traveled by air.

Though I have to say, my only long distance bus ride was a blast. I was going over some lyrics in my head and unknown to me they were slipping out my mouth. When I finished someone else took a song and on and on around the bus. Gospel, rap, folk, all a capella and all by the bus victims, er uh, riders. It went on like that for the last five hours of the ride. That woman who sang the gospel songs was amazing. There was a little shrunken black man in a suit we all know he slept in because we watched him do it who had some crazy songs. They may well have been made up on the spot.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

topdown wrote:

^ JJJ - If you don't want to travel with a guitar, I've got a couple of spares you are welcome to borrow.

Yeah, but if Jx3 travels 1500 miles by bus with an L2, doesn't he get a wrinked, dusty suit and a skinny black tie as an award or something. I think he should.

Joey - send me your suit size and I'll start checking out the thrift shops. 

I wonder if we should mount a rescue mission to Orlando.  It'd take a lot less time to go fetch him and return than taking the bus.  Oh wait.  Yeah. That's not going to work.

beamer wrote:

3Xj  you guys are hard core!
Im excited! I get to finally meet you in person (and chris too!) and UJB and BGD and ill get to meet Paul also, all in one shot! I love this! how much better can this get?!!

I honestly cannot think of something better.

Zurf wrote:

Yeah, but if Jx3 travels 1500 miles by bus with an L2, doesn't he get a wrinked, dusty suit and a skinny black tie as an award or something. I think he should.

In addition to the suit, that kinda trip with that particular guitar certainly deserves a Blues name. Sticking with the JJJ theme, I'm going with Joey Jailhouse Jefferson big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Do I get bonus miles in this calculation for flying with an acoustic and a toddler?

Baldguitardude wrote:

Do I get bonus miles in this calculation for flying with an acoustic and a toddler?

Toddler, yes. Acoustic, no.

63 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2018-03-02 22:58:03)

I look it as getting to see the country on the way down. And the way back. My brother lives in Florida in the winter. Too far to go see him.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Well my schedule has become somewhat clearer and my recreation director has granted permission for me to be away from home a few days, sooooo............ there is now about a 98.37562% chance that a degenerate Buckeye sometimes referred to as  D.E. Howard will arriving sometime Thursday afternoon.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Beamer mentioned that this might be the most chordians at any chordiestock yet and he may be correct, Along with DE, we now have me, Zurf, Normtheguitar, Beamer, BGD, JJJ, (that's 7 regular contributors), plus ex-moderator Southpaw41 (Toney) and Topdawg (Robert), and UJB is still a "maybe" - so potentially 10 of us total. I do believe that qualifies as the most chordians ever at a CS and possibly the most ever to gather at a single event. That's AWESOME! Throw in the 20+ non-chordians that are coming and this is turning out to be another great year!

A few more and you might just have to get a Festival Permit from the City !!  big_smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Florida liquor distributors are about to have a great month.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Florida liquor distributors are about to have a great month.

Photo from last year - I'm gonna need a bigger table this year big_smile

https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17353103_10212496634241042_576265056889489861_n.jpg?oh=1c0ea4e986a5c57f1425ff207e2dbe8e&oe=5B12EC45

I just did some research. There are 4 package stores that sell Genesee in the area. Who is luckier than me??

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I just did some research. There are 4 package stores that sell Genesee in the area. Who is luckier than me??

No one.

Now I have to figure out what guitar I am bringing. My original plan was killed yesterday when my LG 2 ended up in the guitar hospital. I`m open to suggestions. It doesn`t mean I will follow them. Just open to ideas.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Now I have to figure out what guitar I am bringing. My original plan was killed yesterday when my LG 2 ended up in the guitar hospital. I`m open to suggestions. It doesn`t mean I will follow them. Just open to ideas.

As said before JJJ, there will be plenty of extra guitars laying around if you choose not to bring one. 

BTW Jeff, will we just be playing at your house?  Will we also do a "beach" jam or play at one of the local watering holes as in years past?  Like JJJ I'm trying to decide which guitar(s) to bring.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I'm dying to try this stuff.

I'm probably going to bring Tiny if I get the chance to do the fret work before I come. Otherwise, it'll be the Tak Jeff gave me. It's been feeling homesick.

As for you JJJ, bring whatever you like. I don't know what to tell you to bring.

Dirty Ed, I can't imagine a ChordieStock without a beach jam. I also can't recall Jeff ever having planned one. Those have been pretty organic so far. So I'd say if someone just picks up a guitar and says, "I'm going to the beach to watch the sunset and play music," that it will put anyone watching in mind of the fable of the Pied Piper.

Zurf wrote:

I'm probably going to bring Tiny if I get the chance to do the fret work before I come. Otherwise, it'll be the Tak Jeff gave me. It's been feeling homesick.

As for you JJJ, bring whatever you like. I don't know what to tell you to bring.

Dirty Ed, I can't imagine a ChordieStock without a beach jam. I also can't recall Jeff ever having planned one. Those have been pretty organic so far. So I'd say if someone just picks up a guitar and says, "I'm going to the beach to watch the sunset and play music," that it will put anyone watching in mind of the fable of the Pied Piper.

the fried piper is probably more accurate.
i dont think i am going to read this thread any more, i hate it when i miss a good party

out of tune out of key and out of touch