1 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-01-10 01:51:51)

Topic: M.I.A. Chordians

There are several Chordians who used to be regulars, who have become conspicuous by their absence:

Pete Benson
MKM (mekidsmom)
Bushy243
Jets60
Jerome O'Neil
Arkady
Grah1

Missing all these great folks, and just hoping everything's okay on their end.

Re: M.I.A. Chordians

Perhaps send each one a private message, asking the same question ... ? (if you haven't already)

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

On your list, Bushy & Arkady are the longest out, with 6 months of no posting. MKM, Jets, & Jerome are mods, so we hear from them even if there are no public posts.  We may have to put out an APB on Pete though..... anybody heard recently from him??  Grah1 posted a recent topic here in Chat not too long ago.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I'm lurking at the moment been busy at work  and resting my voice while my cough gets better  but still here.

I'm in touch with Pete on Facebook. I don't know why he doesn't post on Chordie.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

I'm in touch with Pete on Facebook. I don't know why he doesn't post on Chordie.

I'm alive and well. Thanks for for the tiny push Zurf. I just got my head out. Yes I have been in touch with a few of you on Facebook. I don't know why I gave up on chordie.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Glad to hear back from some of the missing. There have been several in the past who became absent because of the "higher calling" shall we say, so I became concerned for everyone's welfare.

I've been rather sparse around these parts for a couple months too. We had a death in the family and no arrangements had been made beforehand. I figure it will be another month until we have everything sorted out. But I'll be back. smile

I'm around but I don't post much. I'll try and be better.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hey-o!  I'm not dead, just round, errrr... I mean, around.  wink

Actually, I've had a TON of work-y things happen in the past year and especially the past few months.  Good things, really.  Though, my work days are now spent managing people who are monitoring all sorts of social media, including forums.  As many of you may know, I work from home.  That said, it means I'm on the computer - at home -all day long.  On top of that, I'm homeschooling my kids (who are also at home with me - all day long) and a lot of that organizational stuff is also done on the computer.  When the day's all done, I try my hardest to get away from said computer.  In a nutshell, I just haven't had a ton of time lately to visit all my favorite websites, including Chordie.  Plus, I get yelled at by the family - "Are you still working?", "how long are you working?" - even if I'm just trying to look at Chordie or my personal Facebook, they want me to socialize with them, they're weird like that wink

I do check in from time to time, mostly silently.  I'll handle a lil moderation, check up on the newest Chordie posts, and miss you all!  I'm working on slowly fitting in more time for my guitar, plus all of ya'll! 

UJB - I'm really sorry to hear that.  Make sure to send me a note if there's anything I can do to help.  I promise, I do check my personal email at least .... once a month.  Yeah, I'm bad on that too.  But, you've got my number too, so call if you think of anything I can help with.  Seriously!

Gotta say, I'm glad no one else kicked the bucket.  Thanks for thinking of me TF!  <3

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I was surprised that it has been so long from my last post. No excuse really they would all sound lame.
I have moderated a bit in the Songwriting section but it seems to have gone unnoticed. smile
Anyway I do lurk most days and will do so in the future.
ark

While I haven't posted on here for quite sometime, I do check in pretty regularly to see what all is doing.  I had to reregister as I fried a computer and lost all my email access from previous accounts.  I used to be BassViking on here, but from now on I am riverjenks.  Just a guitar strumming wannabe from central ohio.  THis has been my one-stop go to for a long time.  I'll be around, see you soon.  Big Jim Jenkins, formerly BassViking, now riverjenks

Is it possible that my info, posts and other things could be transferred to my new riverjenks sign in?  Just wondering!

Also another missing for a while from here is Ricky jack, haven't seen him for a while on here.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

riverjenks, i think you needn't have re-registered just entered your email address in the sign in box and asked for a new password. as i say, i don't know if it will work but you could try it. let us know how you get on.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I  am with you Jandle it would be great to hear from Ricky jack a top player and singer

I still pop in every once in a while.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

arkady wrote:

I was surprised that it has been so long from my last post. No excuse really they would all sound lame.
I have moderated a bit in the Songwriting section but it seems to have gone unnoticed. smile
ark

Great to hear from you, Arkady1

I'm a big fan of your ambient music, and check in on your site from time to time just to listen. Are you working on any new projects these days?

Tenement Funster wrote:
arkady wrote:

ark

Great to hear from you, Arkady1

I'm a big fan of your ambient music, and check in on your site from time to time just to listen. Are you working on any new projects these days?

Thanks for the interest TF.
I've got a few musical projects on the go and hope to complete some of them eventually.
ark

Ok, thanks to the wonderful work of moderator MKM, I am resurrected on Chordie once again as Bass Viking.  She was able to get me restored and get all my info back, so goodbye to Riverjenks and hello again Bass Viking.  Good people doing good things for each other and with music is one of the reasons why this site is so special.  Thanks Amy.  I will try to share something soon with the group as it has been awhile.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Bass Viking wrote:

Ok, thanks to the wonderful work of moderator MKM, I am resurrected on Chordie once again as Bass Viking.  She was able to get me restored and get all my info back, so goodbye to Riverjenks and hello again Bass Viking.  Good people doing good things for each other and with music is one of the reasons why this site is so special.  Thanks Amy.  I will try to share something soon with the group as it has been awhile.

Good to see ya posting again Jimbo. How are things on Big Darby Cteek?

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:
Bass Viking wrote:

Good to see ya posting again Jimbo. How are things on Big Darby Cteek?

DE

Things on Darby Creek are just fine Ken!  Spent five weeks in Florida, came home too early, should have hung around another couple weeks and came to Chordiestock event.  One of these years I will.  Just enjoying life!  Hope all is well with you.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Two More that we haven't heard from in a long while.... Fatstrings & Riddler (Scott & Randy).

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

WB Big Jim!  Glad to be of help!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Peter does some great covers on YT! I'm glad to see you back and sorry I haven't been keeping up, but you're lookin'  and sounding good as ever, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com