Topic: LaBella Strings

Do Any of you use LaBella stings?  They make electric and acoustic strings and quite a few classical stings. 

I have used  D'Addario EJ45 Pro-Arte for a very long time. Recently because of some very good reviews I ordered some LaBella 2001 Medium Tension Classical Guitar Strings.  I have to admit these sound better on the same guitars and break in quicker. I changed another of the same model guitar with the D'Addario EJ45 Pro-Arte  and changed both on the same day. It will be a good test which feel and sound better as they age.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: LaBella Strings

I don’t but that sounds like a great find. 

Thanks to Topdown and Zurf I’ve recently moved my acoustics to John Pearce or Earthwoods, if I can’t find the former locally.   Great strings.

Can't say I've ever heard of them.

Like BGD and others, I found John Pearse quite a few years ago. They seem to ring better and last longer than other brands I've used.

I should have posted a link to La Bella for reference: http://www.labella.com

If you look at the site you can see how many difference strings they makke.

Thanks for the info, CG ...

I've always used the same D'Addario Pro Arte's that you mention, and especially like how their composite G-string smooths out the sound transition from the wound strings to the pure nylon ones. I have never tried LaBella's, but they definitely sound like an option for the next change.

Much obliged!

Made right here in Newburgh,NY used them forever R.Kody

Seems to me that they were the "go to" brand at one of my local Music Shops, and on more than one occasion found their way onto my Classical Guitars over the years.  Granted that was before online shopping was an option, and you were forced to go and choose stuff off of "actual pegs on a wall"...... [gasp] !!  If memory serves, they were good long lasting strings albeit a little pricier than some other options available, and subject to the ratio of food in the fridge and "jingle" in the pocket.  big_smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I have changed strings on two identical guitars, one with LaBella strings, and one with D'Addario EJ45. The La Bella strings were playable the next day. The D'Addario EJ45 still stretching. Both strings are normal tension and the price of the strings is  very close.

One final thought. After playing and listening to both guitars with the strings both playable, the guitar with the D'Addario EJ45 strings was more well balanced and took less pressure  to play than the ones with LaBella 2001 strings. LaBella had strong treble strings but the longer I played it the bass strings started to sound almost muted. So in truth the D'Addario  Pro Arte  EJ45 strings are the best string. Last time I ordered them I bought 20  each 3 packs. It is close to time to place another order for them.

10 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-03-20 08:51:06)

That fact that the LaBella's settle in faster is what's really appealing. The Pro Arte's require a lot of stretching and retuning for at least week. That's not a big concern for a hobby guitarist, but for someone performing (as you do, CG) that would be a real nuisance.

When I had nylon strung guitars, I used LaBella at the recommendation of the folks at my local guitar shop. I liked them real well, and they seemed to last a long time too.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Years ago I tried a set of LabBella Folk Singer strings and they were  good strings. The bass were brass color and I cut the end off, and the treble strings were black. I took the ball off the  treble strings and left the knot. They lasted and were good strings. The inside of the bass strings were nylon the same as all classical strings.

Just about to try some on my Tak EN20. Sent by a man who used to run a mag called Classical Guitar from Newcastle England.
I’m in Vallebrón, Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands.

the chordie geordie

I ordered several more sets of  LaBella Strings  2001 Medium Tension Classical Guitar Strings. These are fresh stock and the result is much better. Two days to stretch and they are playable and sound much better than the others I received. They are a bit longer than the Pro Arte strings and so far they sound very good and are mellow. I played with them for two hours before I had to tune again. If the next set is as good I will order a year supply.

Thanks, CG ...

I went looking in several music stores to get a set of LaBella's, and no one nearby carries them. sad I don't mind ordering on line, but I always prefer to do business locally when I can. I've ordered a set, and based on your experience I can't wait to try them

I changed strings today with LaBella 2001 Medium Tension Classical Guitar Strings on two identical guitars. Two hours after changing them and turning both I was able to play them for almost an hour each. I have never been able to do that before. Tomorrow I will order a case of the LaBella strings. One thing that is really different on the LaBella strings is the marker on each is a marker on each sting is a plastic marker that slides off each string. On Pro Arte stings it is a paper marker that leave glue on the strings so I always cut that end off. Also the LaBella strings are 6 inches per strings longer than the Pro Arte. The ease of playing and sound is better than any strings I have tried.  So after using Pro Arte normal tension for many years,  I have a new favorite. Wish I had tried LaBella years before.

I also put them on a guitar I have.... it has never sounded so good... they are smooth and soft as a baby's butt  !
They sound wonderful as well
I love them

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I ordered  enough2001 Medium Tension Classical   LaBella Strings for a year for 8 classical guitars. They sound better and last longer than the same ProArte  strings and the LaBella strings are longer and much easier to  install. I can  strings in 1/2 the time. These are by far the best strings I have ever used.

19 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-04-28 11:13:48)

I've checked every music shop within reasonable driving distance, and no one sells LaBella nylon strings, with just one shop selling their bass guitar strings. sad I also can't find a Canadian on-line seller. sad Bringing them here from the US is very expensive (exchange rate, duty, shipping, etc.). sad As an example, "Strings and Beyond" sells the 2001's for $7.95 a set. Landed here is $24.30 when everything else is added in. sad It's frustrating, because I'd really like to try them ... but not at that price.

Tenement Funster sorry they are so much there. I am getting them with my discount for $7 us dollars. Here is the link: https://www.guitarcenter.com/LaBella/20 … Strings.gc