1 (edited by Phill Williams 2018-04-09 19:31:38)

Topic: Kisses on the Roundabout

this is one of the songs i deleted when i formatted my SD card, done in a country/rock style, i didn't like it then so i re-did it in a more rock style for the new SD card. i then began again in the country/rock style and i find i'm very enthusiastic about it even though it's not finished yet. secondly, i wanted to see if i could get the chopro formatting to work, so here goes, hope you like it and feel free to comment.

Kisses On The RoundaboutPhill Williams

4/4 country rock

[G] She was only [Bm] sixteen. [Em] But she knew who she [C] was.

[G] She was more than [Em] beautiful to [D] me.

[G] When she held me [Bm] close to her. [Em] That night in the [C] park.

[G] How were we to [Em] know it would end in [D] tragedy? [C-D]

[Em] Kisses on the [D] roundabout. [C] Cuddles on the [G] swings.

[C] I know we didn't [Bm] take things all that [D] far.

[G] She was such a [Bm] pretty girl. [Em] How could I stand a [C] chance?

[G] When all the other [Em] guys were making [D] eyes at her.

[G] She was more than [Bm] wonderful. [Em] She had grace to [C] spare.

[G] How was she to [Em] know her time was [D] running out. [C-D]

[C] That would be the [Bm] last time I would [D] be with her.

BRIDGE

[C] Lights in the [G] mirror. [Am] Dark up [G] ahead.

[C] Walking in the [G] road. [Am] Forgetting everything I [D] said.

[G] That was so many [Bm] years ago. [Em] She'd put a note through my [C] door.

[G] She never felt the [Em] same for me. As I [D] did for her.

[G] Sometimes I think I [Bm] see her. [Em] As I walk through a [C] crowd.

[G] And then I wonder [Em] how would she look [D] now? [C-D]

[C] Can't forget the [Bm] times we had back [D] then.

SOLO

[C] [-] [D] [-] [Em] [-] [D] [-] [C] [-] [G] [|] [-] [C] [-] [Bm] [-] [D] [|] [C] [-] [D] [-] [Em] [-] [D] [-] [C] [-] [G]

[C] Can't forget the [Bm] times we had back [D] then.

BY Phill Williams. March 16th 2018

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Kisses on the Roundabout

Phill that song makes me feel like a teenager again excellent I looking forward to hearing it.

I played it through and I like it.  Sad but real.

Thanks Peatle and Deadeye. Yes it's a true story, well in actual fact at least 4 true stories!
The park part at the beginning is about a girl I had a crush on at 13 or 14... My crush lasted longer than the affair.
At 16 I had a crush on a very beautiful girl who sadly died in a car crash...I was devistated.
Lights in the mirror....I worked as a mechanic on HGV lorries and one of the drivers got blinded by a car coming against him and didn't see a man and wife walking in the road.
The last part was a lovely girl that sent me a dear John letter. Theses days it would have been a text!

Nice work, Phill ... takes me back to my own teen years, and those awkward feelings of self-doubt and second-guessing. There wasn't a "Dating for Dummies" book out back then, and I didn't read it. smile

Hey Phill - Did a little edit to fix the solo text stepping on the last chorus...also getting your name to show up at the top...and the "4/4 country rock"

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

you have my unbridled thanks, Jets, i struggled for ages trying to get that bit to work, i'd love to know how you managed it as i thought i'd done everything as written in the sticky?

Phill Williams wrote:

you have my unbridled thanks, Jets, i struggled for ages trying to get that bit to work, i'd love to know how you managed it as i thought i'd done everything as written in the sticky?

To be truthful, I kind of played around with a few things to eventually get it to format correctly. Here's what I eventually found out: 1 - no gaps between title & name & tempo. If you leave gaps (as in blank lines) it messes it up; 2 - I ended up putting brackets around each chord and dashes in your solo and that that kept the solo chords on a separate line.

Also the "4/4 country rock"  was missing the "c:" but that was an easy fix. It's all good now though.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Love this, looking forward to hearing it Phill smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Another top song Phill

The King Of Audio Torture

Great song again. You are so talented. This one tells a great story. Old and new both.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

I had a little play with this one Phill but looking forward to hearing a recording to know how you see your song.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

13 (edited by Phill Williams 2018-04-08 17:09:32)

Thanks guys. Yes old, the story begins in about 1963/4, the last part when i got dumped! In the mid 70s.

As for the recording....I think it's done as I leave it a few days before the final mix to make sure everything is right. Hopefully upload Monday evening.
I'm a big Eagles fan but I didn't notice till the end that their influence is strong on it. I'm sure you'll let me know if I've gone too far?

Roger, love to hear your version before you hear mine????

OK Phill I will record it and e-mail it to you as soon as I have finished. You can certainly post yours as I will not listen to it until after I am done as, rightly or wrongly, I do not want to, even subconsciously, have any outside influence on what I do. smile

Roger

Sounds like a plan....

Roger,great to see you are going to cover a Chordie original.
I love it when this happens,can`t wait to hear both versions.

The King Of Audio Torture

Great lyrics Phill I kind of played this in my head,  interested to hear your version and Rogers smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

19 (edited by Phill Williams 2018-04-09 21:39:35)

kisses on the roundabout, now on soundcloud, if you use the link below please have a listen and comments are welcome

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/kisse … roundabout

Great lyrics Phill,  beautiful music.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I love your  nice clean lead guitar with the vocals and backing vocals. A top song all those tracks you laid down fit perfect  like a hand in a glove. On top of your musicianship the sound engineering balanced perfectly.

One word: "Fantastic".

Roger

For Heaven's sake don't let anyone list to the recording that I sent you. lol lol lol

On top form Phill great song.
Well done.

big thanks to everyone that gave a listen.

Roger, apart from your vocals being a little distorted your rendition was great, and the deliberate mistake!!!!!

i think other members might like to hear your version, i wont put it up but why don't you?

all right i know...you'll all think i'm daft...but....when i deleted the original i had to record it again but i didn't like it very much, so i did it in a different style, then forgot about it while i sorted version 1 out. then i found version 2 (which is in a different key, faster and rockier) and finished that off and put it up on soundcloud. the link is below and i would be delighted if you all listened again and commented. thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/kisse … ndabout-v2