Re: Kisses on the Roundabout

Version 2 Phill  sounds great nice guitar work and tone

thank you Graham, nice to hear from you, hope you're well. Will you be going back to Grease this year? or are you going to grace us with your company here in the UK? which ever way, keep us updated with your songs and videos.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I like the way your second version rocks. I still think the first one on soundcloud is an excellent track.  To my ears the second one didnt quiet come up to the first one but still a top song.

UK resident again Phill ,living in Settle ,We've bought an old church hall up near Carlisle which I would like to have finished this year but it looks like it may take a little longer than we planned.

I've seen a few church conversions locally, I say locally but they're usually in small country villages. I'd be a bit wary of planting spuds and digging up some bones wink

Good luck with that, some pics of the conversion would be nice?

Thanks Peatle, I'm a rocker at heart, but I've always played to the older crowd so I begin with country, 60's and ballards. Towards the end of the second half, it's Don't stop believing and Another brick in the wall etc. But for some reason when I write a song it tends to come out country... don't ask me why

Very well written and the rhythm makes it very well..Appreciated..!!

Phill
Your second version nailed it!  I really liked the lyrics and the music is impeccable as usual.
Great stuff once again from the Master!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Both versions are great but having to chose, I think the first version would be my pick.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I am guessing most here remember their first crush or girlfriend.   Great song and words. I am envious of your amazing talent and you say so much unsaid  too.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

OK Phill, you asked for it, so now you have it.
For everyone else. I made a recording of how I interpreted this song, however it was not until after I had recorded the backing and started the vocals that I realized that there was a chord error in the original so I sent it to Phill anyway. As he said he would like me to post it here I have re-recorded it, correcting the error, and it is now on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/roger-guppy/kiss … roundabout

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Phill, after doing that I have now listened to both your recordings of the song (of which both are better than mine smile) I do prefer the first one you posted.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Wonderful versions of an excellent song.
Come on Chordians get off your arse,have a listen,support these great versions!

The King Of Audio Torture

Roger

I really like the mellowness of your voice.  It gives you such a uniqueness when delivering the lyrics.

Nicely done.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Roger Guppy wrote:

OK Phill, you asked for it, so now you have it.
For everyone else. I made a recording of how I interpreted this song, however it was not until after I had recorded the backing and started the vocals that I realized that there was a chord error in the original so I sent it to Phill anyway. As he said he would like me to post it here I have re-recorded it, correcting the error, and it is now on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/roger-guppy/kiss … roundabout

Roger

Great recording of Phills song Roger.
Well done.

Roger you do a great version you should be proud of it .

I love the diversity here, maybe we could get Jan, Easybeat and MKM to do their versions for FSOM?

One thing this has shown me is that we have two distinct camp here....the country guys and the rock guys...and not a punch thrown cool

ok i`ll have a crack,thanks for the challenge.

The King Of Audio Torture