1 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-05-02 10:51:39)

Topic: rocking Blues song I wrote - Almost

AlmostJim Kenyon

intro

4th string 2nd fret, to hammer on, on the 4th string 4th fret

5th string 3rd fret

Followed by 4th string 2nd fret, 4th string open, 3rd string 2nd fret, 3rd string open to [Em]

Followed by :

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [A11/E] [Em]

Verse 1

[Em] it almost happened, it was almost Heaven , it was almost all life long

it was [A]almost certain,reallyhad it working , it was [Em] almost a true love song

It was [B7]almost perfect,almost you and me

now I’m [C7] almost hopeless ,it was [B7]almostnever [4tb string 2nd fret, 4tb string open, 3rd string 2nd fret, 3rd string open ]meantto [Em]be

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

verse 2

[Em] now I'm almost gone, almost there,I almost fell in love

I'm [A]almost sad , hurting bad,I found that[Em] almost ain't good enough

I'm [B7]almost sorry, Ican almostsee

that I'm[C7] almost where, I [B7] never [4tb string 2nd fret, 4tb string open, 3rd string 2nd fret, 3rd string open ]wanted to [Em] be

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

Verse 3

[Em]Almost forgotten, almost dead, I’m almost at the end

I’m [A] almost empty, almost nothing,[Em] almost out of friends

[B7]I’m almost broken, almost always lonely

nowI'm[C7] almost where, I [B7] never [4tb string 2nd fret, 4tb string open, 3rd string 2nd fret, 3rd string open ]wanted to [Em] be

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

verse 4

[Em]I’malmost depleted , I'm almost completed, I’m almost out of time

I’m [A] almost breathless , almost spent,I’m [Em]almost neverfine

[B7]I’m almost wrecked,I'm near the end of me

now I'm[C7] almost where, I [B7] never [4tb string 2nd fret, 4tb string open, 3rd string 2nd fret, 3rd string open ]wanted to [Em] be

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

verse 5

[Em] almost burned out, and alwaysdrunk, almostwant to cry

If I [A]said I'm OK andalmost fine,ya [Em]know that's one big lie

[B7]I was almost in love,'fore you shattered me

nowI'm[C7] almost where, I [B7] never [4tb string 2nd fret, 4tb string open, 3rd string 2nd fret, 3rd string open ]wanted to [Em] be

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

repeat and fade out

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

nowI'm [C7] almost where, I [B7] never wanted to [4tb string 2nd fret, 4tb string open, 3rd string 2nd fret, 3rd string open ] [Em]be

slow[Em] [A] [A11/E] [Em]

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: rocking Blues song I wrote - Almost

Found this if you want to use it: "In the standard tuning (EADGBE) the open chord is A11/E."

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Jets

ahhhh    - Thank YOUUUUUU !!
correction made !
JK

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

does anyone know if or how I can add this to my songbook ?

TIGLJK wrote:

does anyone know if or how I can add this to my songbook ?

I do indeed. Roger showed me a trick for adding your own music to one of your songbooks. Goes like this:

1 - Add a song to your book. (Maybe pick a song with a title close to yours but your call here.)

2 - Select the edit function.

3 - Paste in your song over the song you added and fix any formatting if needed.

4 - Preview to make  sure it looks  correct.

5 - Save it.

That's it! Good luck!

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

nicely done Jim. i never realised you knew rude words. so glad you *'d it out otherwise we'd have to ban you...no just kidding!

i've just had a quick strum, you said it's a rocky blues, i may have gone a bit fast? we'll have to wait till you put it up on soundcloud to know how you planned it. good song though

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Jets - Thanks   that works great !!
I can't change the persons name as it appears in song book list   - although when it opens - it shows mine   but it doesn't matter.

Thanks again for the tip !

Also - thanks to Peatle's observation and encouragement- I made a lyric change in the first verse - much better !

I like this, It almost seems like it needs an extra verse starting "I'm almost drunk...  I'm almost crying ... If I said I'm OK, I'm almost lyin..."   But maybe not if this is a happy blues song lol.

deadeye

I love the suggestion and I think I can fit that in with out too much of a hassle

far from happy song
Thanks for the edit prop

Jim

Deadeye ( and anyone else who might care)

I rearranged it, made some lyric changes, and now the song makes a lot more sense.

Thanks for the positive criticism - I appreciated it immensely.

I think it plays really well right now as well .  I like it a lot.

Thanks to all of you who have made suggestions. 

Jim

Thanks again Deadeye!!

Jim, I think you've nailed it. Deadeye's edit gives it that extra dimension. Well done to both

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Cool, glad it worked.

I put little walk down in the last line as well - it sounds pretty cool when I play it.

It's kinda weird though and I can't figure it out -  where it says 4th string in my writing it comes up 4tb string in the chordie format
also some of the words run together in the chordie format although they are not together in the lyrics. 

I will make a new version for soundcloud sometime - I am sooooo busy right now it's ridiculous.   Hopefully one you guys will do something with it.

Have a great week

JIM

Jim - DUDE! We need to get your guy to some Friday Night Bingo or something! smile  When I first opened it up and saw all that blue, I thought "Dang! How's he gonna fit all the words in there???" Then I got to studying it and it began to make sense. This isn't a G,D,A, B7 song is it. Man! If this isn't the PREMIERE site for singers and songwriters and goofs like me, I don't know what or where it is!

Congratulations on another cool tune and I can't wait to hear it on SC when you get time.

Your Friend

Bill

PS: I'm trying to catch up, but I'm going backwards - from newest to oldest - since I began my absences, so I apologize for being MIA so much. This is my site to post on, so it really IS a matter of having the energy and getting in the  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CI-0E_jses ...... lol

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com