1 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-05-01 19:43:56)

Topic: NGD (Thunderbird)

After trying several different bass guitars out, I took Zurf's advice and went with the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/btgS1qpEu5dyGtidvANv0TpVN_dieUBKz85OINyS98ZlSdznMyNdgdpEptz4g3qfTQh0KFU-zUFvnN_3KfP7qX1zJ0MKSxFZv9sRqi1A16iCyEy-I3gIQSyZEt3W69sYQa6ipxzLaNnuAl2S2zvaHwnG5HLp_yVdCjZpjmWIjS26enOopAbp_k6BjtCYUKSxvk_TYz4yDtk2kFfnmj34Kg_zaqVqW9iQdWQLj3m8a2pcF-tuOZJwaPP0dFopaZ0MxcGZGtxLB9ZeOvjw6YCYS4Fp5k24CsAcQIIC93PI4UUAIRVRWrhUmpPZ8LLBNVGUTi4QmAu-F_MSoa-kqih5Q6fFHtY_u73yRKXCeo-UOReOr-800S74KeJ1F9XtScopSQyAx2drKtvF1EKkCERKSgv2Tvf5BR1oUElS8MJ488Y2NHv_WD4wTv2lfsSK_o9IFNdcmSqwN7KgwtFFkuiiJ-Zytx0HVqiJ2W50shkB_VXfbJTTPhuSwd6BNlUcF-oq4uFYsohs7nrRxSyUSSghk9CRIk0didnIkB_qDlarPtyTRENcFUJ3pJiZ15dGMvJZIxLPCwjfIMn6tPfTHL7mTB2SP34xnen260r5dvQ=w1079-h809-no

It feels and sounds great, and the Active EQ really makes it growl and honk. I had to add a bit of relief to the neck (truss rod adjustment) because it was almost flat and thus had some string buzz ... problem solved now. All my other guitars and amps are packed, because we're moving next week ... the music room feels empty. It's built using a 5-layered neck-thru construction (3 maple, 2 walnut), so it has lots of sustain and a warm earthy tone.

Re: NGD (Thunderbird)

Happy NBD.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wooo-hooo,  Happy NGD.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Great !!

Celebrate, Celebrate

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Congrats! it will add a lot to recordings smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Congrats. Nothing like a NGD. Pictures????

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Congrats. Nothing like a NGD. Pictures????

I had one up yesterday okay, but now see it's been replaced by a bunch of gobble-dee-gook. I'll see if it can be redone.

Love that shape and name. + Nikki Sixx  uses them a lot and so you know it can rally put it out there!

congrats.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Congrats TF and great to see a photo of you with it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Late congrats, TF!  Hope you're getting along well with your move and the new bass!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.