1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-07-04 05:33:57)

Topic: Strummer Bill Where Are You.

I can,t find any recent  Bill posts  here on this visit. Hope Bill and Dondra are keeping well. When I meet EB for a pint on a Sunday we always like to have a chat about  our buddy Bill and his entertaining posts.

Your Friend Pete

Re: Strummer Bill Where Are You.

Been wondering the same thing, Peatle ... I'm going to send him an email via the Chordie link, and we all hope he & Dondra are okay.

I e-mailed Bill, and he is working on archiving his music collection from cassette to digital media.  That is a time consuming task (at best)..... load, press play, press record, press stop X2, flip cassette, and repeat as required...... for many MANY hours !  wink

At least you can do it with the air conditioner running.   "How I spent my Summer Vacation...."   big_smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thank you I am glad Bill and Dondra are having a good summer.

Good news, Doug ... I'd also sent him an email, but I'm glad they're okay and he connected with you. I did the same thing a few years ago with 100 or so vinyl discs I had ... time consuming indeed.

Funny how there are so many things you mean to get round to but never get there?

I meant to send Bill an email too, and never got round to it.....later?

I have put some of my cassettes onto CD, as you say time consuming, so only the best ones, my old LP's are too scratched, please don't tell me there are programs that can take away scratches...they can't stop the needle from jumping.

glad to hear Bill and Dondra are doing fine

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill, my stuff is also on Vinyl...... and I had a habit of recording everything onto tape (to save wear and tear on the record).  We would wash the Vinyls and then if there were still skips, we'd tape a couple of pennies (the smallest US denomination of coin) above the stylus to add weight.  Because you asked, there is software that can reduce the "noise" in your recordings..... the skips you have to manipulate "manually" and edit/trim from the track.    smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I miss seeing him too. He was very active and then he seemed to stop. I hope he is back within a couple of days.  We have emailed a few times  but have not heard from him lately.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.