A-[Am/G]waiting the [G]day England [F]calls me a-[Am]gain

I’ll [Am/G]rise with a [G]sword in my [Am]hand

[Am]Wind blow wind blow wind blow wind blow

I’ll [Am/G]rise with a [G]sword in [E]my [Am]hand

©14th October 2017

Cantwere ric'e invicta!

Listen to I'll die with a sword in my hand by Ctech #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-415450650/i … word-in-my

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Re: I'LL DIE WITH A SWORD IN MY HAND

Gidday Trev
that is an excellent song.
love the topic, structure & feel.
off to have a listen.

The King Of Audio Torture

I can imagine sitting in an old historic tavern with a beer hearing a minstrel sing your song.

Impressive ctech ..... lyrics are great and amazing it all came from a dream, awesome!   I appreciate the back ground sound effects with the vocals too but would love to hear this same song sung by you without the back ground sound effects to hear how it compares.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Wow ... so vivid! I hope you didn't "act out" during this dream, and trash your bedroom. big_smile Seriously, this is well done ... 5-stars.

Great lyrics. Haven't had a chance to listen yet but I intend to ASAP. I've read books and watched many programmes pertaining to 1066 and the Norman invasion but this is the first time I've seen a song about it. Though I must say it could stand alone as a poem.

Well done

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

7 (edited by ctech 2017-10-27 10:57:11)

Good morning, coming from Kent. 1066 lays close to my heart,maybe my ansestors were calling me in my dream. Even the droning sound I tried to replicate.
easy beat  I hope you found the song pleasing. Peatle Jville that's exactly  what I was trying to put across. Jandle when I can get back into my soundclould I'll upload a raw copy. Tenement funster haha!  I dont think my canary would have  like that. Thank you all for you positive words.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

8 (edited by ctech 2017-10-27 10:59:25)

Cheers Phil, I never thought of it as a poem. I tried to replicate the sound as I heard it in my dream. As we all know the battle of hastings was on the 14 0ctober 1066,if I can say a sad day for England.  I wrote this song on the morning of the 14 October 2017.

That is awesome !
The dates - What a coincidence!

Have you any geneological connections to a participant in the battle ?

Well Done Sir !!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

10 (edited by ctech 2017-10-29 18:40:18)

I probably went to bed with it on my mind. I usually go to the reactment at battle abbey and pay my respects where king harold suppose to have died,but this year I couldn't make it.
As for most English  I probably did have ancestors at both battles stanford bridge and hastings. I did trace my mum's family back to the 14 century in Tonbridge and the area. I also had my dna done which came back 89% northern European and the rest being east European ,southern european and basque. My haplogroups are I1 from my father and HV9a from my mother.  Thank you for your post.
Can'tware rice invicta!  Meaning : Kingdom of Kent undefeated.

11 (edited by ctech 2018-07-27 11:06:04)

Been away awhile ,as my Father was very ill and was close to death unbelievably he pulled through, but need some care so been spending a lot of time helping him . I've just posted 3 song on the UK song writing contest and I have added a different ending to "ill die with a sword in my hand" I'll be back soon to coment on all the songs that have been added.

12 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-07-27 12:14:07)

Ctech good to hear your Father has won the health battle. Welcome back and I look forward to more of your posts and  good music, songwriting,

Glad to hear your Dad has pulled through. Welcome back and all the best for the song writing competition.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanks Jangle much appreciated. 

Peatle Jville thank you. I haven't had much inspiration lately but hoefully a song will come . Since my canary died suddenly and my father being ill ,it taken its toll.

Ctech
I wish continued health improvement for your dad and continued inspiration for you in your songwriting

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I hesitate to raise this but your ancestors could well have been French? As you mention mainly European DNA!!! And you come from Essex....oh dear the evidence mounts up!
Only pulling your leg

I was interest in hearing a recording of this song but can't find a link.
Always liked historical songs   smile
I have visited Battle Abbey and the surrounding area a few times over the years.

Holding off on commenting fully until I play it all the way through.....All done - Sounds pretty spooky and ghostly...I could imagine specters of warriors from old rising up from their graves as if they were being summoned to battle again. Great imagery for this forlorn song.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

20 (edited by ctech 2018-08-14 13:37:58)

Thank you Jim for your kind words.

Haha you got me there phill,I actually come from Kent mate.

Thanks jets60 I'm recording a new demo soon with new lyrics added and with no sound affect's. Hopefully a lot clearer.

Hi ark I will be adding a new recording soon with added new lyrics.

wooops! sorry, what made me think you were from essex?

Here is the new "ill die with a sword in my hand"I went a little wrong near the end. I blame my age,HAHA!  Listen to I'll die with a sword in my hand by Ctech #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-415450650/i … word-in-my