Topic: Soundcloud - Three Words,Eight letters

I did a quick recording of this song and put it on soundcloud.

I sure wish I could sing and play like others on here, I really think this is probably my best song even though I never intended to even make it a song

anyway here is my musically challenged  smile version. 

https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/three-words-eight-letters

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-07-16 04:35:55)

Re: Soundcloud - Three Words,Eight letters

Jim this an excellent well writen song with your singing and playing giving me a good listen. It made me think of a short sort of a  poem about a young sixteen year old and her mother who I wrote about back  in 2015.
Eight Weeks Out
It is hard to believe sitting here looking at you.
Your sweet smile and warm giggle so beautiful.
Sixteen beaming smile and only eight weeks out.
Eight weeks since you started to feel positive about yourself.
Eight weeks  since you stopped self harming.
Six months since your last suicide attempt the second time you tried.
Eight weeks where you have now accepted your mother as a friend who loves you.
The two of you happy laughing and buzzing with warmth.
Eight weeks out.
Eight weeks out you got me shouting  out loud  life is good.
Eight weeks out an old man like me  wants to share your song.
Eight weeks out you got a future.
Eight weeks out you want to help out.
Eight weeks out you are helping  other young people .
Eight weeks out you are saving lifes.

A great song written by you Jim, there are heaps of lines in your song that are really descriptive.  Well written, and can definitely visual the scene that caused you to write the song.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Good song and well written and played. You have never sounded anything but good on any song you have written and sung,. You sound like a folk a folk singer and I mean that in a very good way. Peter Paul & Mary  and Kingston Trio and others too.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Hey Jim - I really enjoyed your recording of Three Words. Both your playing and your vocals fit, and the song lyrics hit home; a song that most people have either been through or are going through now.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Jim. Just had a listen.  Good song all round. Like others I think you sound like a folk singer. I wish I was blessed in the way you are with song writing. You come up with some good stuff . Keep them coming.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Jim. Just had a listen.  Good song all round. Like others I think you sound like a folk singer. I wish I was blessed in the way you are with song writing. You come up with some good stuff . Keep them coming.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!