Topic: A KISS IN THE SUN

IDK why it wont post correct, help by someone pls.

A KISS IN THE SUN Beamer and Jets

The [D]days been so [A]fine and [G]fun.

[D]Not supposed to [A]get con[G]fused.

[Bm]How else can I [A]make you [G]mine,

and not [D]feel a[A]bused?

[G]This is just a kiss in the [D]sun.

I know I should [A]relax… take a deep [G]breath..

Don’t be so Mac[Bm]beth.

[D]You tell me [A]not to [G]think.

You [D]say you’re not [A]trying [G]too.

[Bm]Putting your finger [A]to my [G]lips,

[D]What else can I [A]do?

[G]I catch your eyes looking a[D]way

When we’re talking [A]near. I wanna be[G]lieve

… but still, I [Bm]fear.

[D]Then the night comes [A]bringing [G]doubt.

I [D]toss and I turn… how [A]my heart [G]yearns

[Bm]I want to [A]reach [G]out...

…to [D]coldness and it [A]burns

[G] [D] [A] [G] [Bm]

[F#]….And the times I'm alone I [Bm]wonder...

[F#]Who or what you [A]long for[Bm]

[F#][G]when I am not a[A]bout?[A7]

[D] [D] [A] [G] [D] [D] [A] [G] [Bm] [Bm] [A] [G] [D] [A]

[G]I say, “I’m all in.”, and I [D]keep

reaching for the [A]light until you [G]say to,

“Give up the [Bm]fight.”

[F#]…I want to see you’re there [Bm]too

[F#]Wanting only just to make this [Bm]right

[F#][G]Trying to put the past out of [A]sight… [A7]

[D]Meanwhile, we still en[A]joy each [G]other.

[D]We can still [A]have some [G]fun,

[Bm]And I will [A]always [G]love you,

and all our [D]kisses in the [A]sun…

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: A KISS IN THE SUN

All fixed Scott! 

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Thanks buddy.  wonder why it would not work for me? 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

beamer wrote:

Thanks buddy.  wonder why it would not work for me?

I saw a couple different things in how you did it, but it just takes getting uses to. 

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I pulled the chord-pro format right off the linksoft program 

You have to use the format for Chordie,com explained in the Songwriting Forum Sticky "HOW TO POST SONG TO SONGWRITING FORUM!" posted by James McCormick, that Roger updated a while back.     

J  E  T  S

I just figured it was the same as any chord pro     

Nice writing here beamer ............ going to perform it?     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Ying and Yang? Lovey dovey and bitter. It actually sounds like it was written by two people; nice to start then you feel the doubt as the song progresses. Well done both, when can we hear it?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Scott does it a bit different from me, but I will put my version out there this weekend.     

J  E  T  S

11 (edited by beamer 2018-09-21 20:20:28)

OH I forgot to put my version up!  I also changed a verse that I need to still give a change to Jeff.

Here is my version I did in the bedroom on the TAK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0HRWl17VvI     

BTW, I need to give props to the band I am wearing the T-Shirt of.  Jesus Wears Armani  Support your local music!

Phill Williams wrote:

Ying and Yang? Lovey dovey and bitter. It actually sounds like it was written by two people; nice to start then you feel the doubt as the song progresses. Well done both, when can we hear it?

Funny as you should say that, because I am a big believer in the Yin and Yang, Karma, and most of the astrological personality traits.
   Stand by to see my new tattoo that I will be getting this Tuesday!

Also Jeff and I have found ourselves to be a good writing team.  coming from two different schools of music, we can Gel them together.

This song is actually part 2 to What and Whatnot's.  # 3 is Battle for my Soul.  the anger stage and self-building song.  I see at least 2 more being written to tell my story.     

Here is my version: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/a-kiss-in-the-sun     

J  E  T  S

Interesting emotions in your song Beamer.     

Peatle Jville wrote:

Interesting emotions in your song Beamer.

To put it mildly,. Yep     

Hey Scott - I updated the song with your change.     

J  E  T  S

Good job fellas - sure is a sad song     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Good job fellas - sure is a sad song

It certainly is.  wish I could say that was not 75% direct quotes from my other half.     

beamer well written and great to see you and jets collaborating with songs.  I like this song and it was great to see you perform it on you tube.  You surprised me with your version too, guess I was expecting a heavier or metal touch to it from you so a surprise, nicely done.

jets, ditto to the collaborating with beamer as said above.  Liked the chords you put with it, it sounded great.  Your vocals sounded in parts a bit like Neil Young, hope that's a compliment as I like Neil Young and his music.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hey Jandle. I have heard that before, the Neil Young comparison, and I do feel it is a compliment, so thanks. Now if I could only play like him. smile     

J  E  T  S