1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-09-22 15:34:17)

Topic: Thank You, BGD!

A few posts ago, I mentioned getting a mic and beginning to post some stuff on SoundCloud.

BGD was kind enough to gift me with a snowball mic he was no longer using and it got here today.

We worked out a deal whereby even though no money changed hands, Dondra and I would make a contribution to the charity of our choice, so we are sending some money for the folks in North Carolina on behalf of Joe and that got me to thinking: I need to do the same on behalf of Zurf and Amy and Jim for the gift of the Fender Amp and the Fender Orchestral and glass slides respectively.

So that is what we will do.

I haven't said it recently, but we are grateful for all the love from our Chordie family and send it right back to you.

If we can ever do anything to pay it forward, please let us know, because I would not want to miss the chance.

Thanks and we send our love to ALL of you!

Bill and Dondra

EDITED TO ADD: I forgot about the gift of the slides Amy sent me when I mentioned in an early post about how tough it is for me to make chords sometimes. I apologize for the error, my friend. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Thank You, BGD!

Quite welcome my friend. Enjoy it!     

Just ordered a scissors boom arm and pop filter, after watching a YT video on set-up. If I'm going to record some stuff to post on SoundCloud, might as well do it right, right? Cost for both, just over $20.00 USD on eBay with free shipping. Yeah, I know I could have used a pair of  Dondra's panty hose,  but I think the filter would work better. Besides, I'd like it to look as professional as possible and those two legs of the hose drooping down either side of the mic wouldn't do much for the aesthetics. smile

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

A few posts ago, I mentioned getting a mic and beginning to post some stuff on SoundCloud.

BGD was kind enough to gift me with a snowball mic he was no longer using and it got her today.

We worked out a deal whereby even though no money changed hands, Dondra and I would make a contribution to the charity of our choice, so we are sending some money for the folks in North Carolina on behalf of Joe and that got me to thinking: I need to do the same on behalf of Zurf and Amy and Jim for the gift of the Fender Amp and the Fender Orchestral respectively.

So that is what we will do.

I haven't said it recently, but we are grateful for all the love from our Chordie family and send it right back to you.

If we can ever do anything to pay it forward, please let us know, because I would not want to miss the chance.

Thanks and we send our love to ALL of you!

Well done all involved in setting Bill up.looking forward to hearing some music.
Bill and Dondra

The King Of Audio Torture

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Just ordered a scissors boom arm and pop filter, after watching a YT video on set-up. If I'm going to record some stuff to post on SoundCloud, might as well do it right, right? Cost for both, just over $20.00 USD on eBay with free shipping. Yeah, I know I could have used a pair of  Dondra's panty hose,  but I think the filter would work better. Besides, I'd like it to look as professional as possible and those two legs of the hose drooping down either side of the mic wouldn't do much for the aesthetics. smile

Bill

Good on ya BGD!!!!

We'll be seeing you on the FSOTM forums shortly??? (Next month is individual challenges, so indicate if you'd like to take part ... )

Cheers

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

Look at you going pro home studio! Get after it Bill!     

I'm chuckling here thinking about the hosiery on the mic thing..... I've been known to slide tube socks over mine when on stands just to keep dust off.  One of the things you deal with if you live on a gravel country road.  smile

Snowballs are quite sensitive and if you are close enough to NEED a "pop filter" you might need to stand back a little too !  Great microphones though and I think you'll get a lot of use out of it.  Goodonya Joe !   smile     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

They are super sensitive.  I loved the thing but I have 3 countem 3 macs and every single one would randomly drop the snowball during concalls and such.  So let’s hope Bill has better luck!     

Does "super sensitive" mean omni-directional, Joe?     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Sounds like fun!  Enjoy it, Bill.  You didn't have to do anything in our names, though of course it's much appreciated.  I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that, we're just happy to know someone else may get some appreciation and more use out of the items... and YOU are appreciated, Bill.     

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Does "super sensitive" mean omni-directional, Joe?

It means it picks up heavy breathing and silent farts.     

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

Oh ... THAT's how you're supposed to use the pantyhose for pop muffling. Now I know why my wife says I look like a burglar when using a microphone.

Thanks, Bill !!! lol     

I look forward to hearing you on soundcloud Bill.     

You don't need to do anything in my name, but thank you for the thought.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

15 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-10-02 17:04:57)

Too late. We sent some money to our favorite charity (our local humane society) and the checks have your chordie names in the "FOR" area. smile

We love you guys and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you do!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Tenement Funster wrote:
Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

Oh ... THAT's how you're supposed to use the pantyhose for pop muffling. Now I know why my wife says I look like a burglar when using a microphone.

Thanks, Bill !!! lol

Glad you got a laugh, my friend! smile

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass