Topic: The Visit

My cousin Ellen is coming by to visit this Thanksgiving so I wrote this in anticipation. She has a big personality and I am looking forward to seeing her again. Anyway here is the song. It is also on Soundcloud if you want to have a listen:  https://soundcloud.com/jets60/the-visit

The Visit By Jeff Gilpin

10/13/2018

[C]Ellen’s coming from [F]out of [C]town

[C]Stopping by [F]for a little [C]stay

[C]Haven’t seen her [F]for a [C]while

[C]She lives pretty [F]far a[C]way

[Am]Far off across the [F]land

[G]Even across the Missi[C]sip’ [G]

[Am]Just passed Lousi[F]ann

[G]Then into Texas for a [F]bit

She always brings with her good cheer

Lots of laughter when she’s around

Never shy with sharing her views

About everything that’s going down

I don’t try and change her mind

I don’t try and disagree

Her views might not be mine

But she’s still family

When she’s here we’ll have some fun

I know we’ll have tons of stuff to do

See the sights share good food

Might even play a round or two

And we’ll talk about her dogs

Share stories from our past

Sit out back beside burning logs

Taking our time making it last

Then she’ll have to go back home

Back down to that Lone Star state

We’ll all promising to call more

We’ll come down on a later date

Then we’ll send her on her way

Wave and smile and then

Get back to our working life

While still remembering

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

2 (edited by Classical Guitar 2018-10-13 20:18:19)

Re: The Visit

jets60  this was nice reading and I listened to you singing the same and your singing style is very good and enjoyable.  Congratulations on both. Shows some very nice work.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

really nice, relaxing song, Jeff. you must love your sister? i guess you'll sing this for her and I know she'll love it.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks for the comments - Phill, Ellen's my cousin but like an older sister who I've known forever. I am hoping she enjoys the song when she gets here.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I really enjoyed listening to this song jets .... you have a great style and very easy listening.  I always enjoy listening to your music,  Well done.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanks very much Jandle.     

J  E  T  S

Well done both lyrical and performed !!

If your visit is as wonderful as what you have written and sung here - it will be fantastic time !

Thanks for sharing JETS !

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Jim. I'm sure it will be.     

J  E  T  S

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-10-15 06:38:49)

Jeff I love the way you write songs.  I enjoyed the way your songs tells  us about  family and living in your part of the USA while also the geography one travels in  your fine country.

Thank you Pete. Most of my family lives in the Houston and Austin areas of Texas; although, my daughter lives in northern California and my son lives in south west Missouri. All are  a ways away from me over here in metro DC.     

J  E  T  S

That s a great song Jeff.  Defiantly a Jets style song.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks Scott!     

J  E  T  S

I love the eagerness and anticipation in this one, Jets ... almost like a kid before summer holidays! Lots of joy here.     

Thanks TF - Yep, my cousin Ellen is a hoot. Going to be a great Thanksgiving with her around spreading cheer.     

J  E  T  S