Topic: Terrible news

I just got a text from Zurf. He played three old gospel songs at his father's funeral today.  Please keep Derek and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Ken 

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Terrible news

So sorry to hear this. I know that Derek has spent a lot of time looking after his father recently, many condolences.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

So sorry to hear     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

So very sorry to hear this, and my heart aches for our good friend, Zurf. Lost my Dad in March 2016, and none of the many great memories can fill his empty chair.

Thanks for letting us know, DE.     

So sorry to hear this; I hope Zurf is doing as well as he can ....

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Thanks Ken. Condolences to the family.     

Sorry to hear of Zurf Dad passing. Though a very sad time  I am sure they would have celebrated  his life with good music and stories.     

Sorry for your loss, Z     

Zurf I I am sorry for the loss of your father and may he rest in peace.  I know no words can make you feel better but hopefully time will help your loss.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

My condolences Zurf on the passing of your Father may he rest in peace.     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Zurf,

Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Phillip an Ann     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Zurf
Sorry to hear of your loss and sadness

May you find condolence  and inner peace in the great memories that can never be taken away
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks for letting us know, Ken.

Zurf - ((HUGS)) -
Jim, the kids, and I send our condolences as well.  We know it's been a rough time, and your entire family is in our thoughts.     

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you Zurf at this time.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

All,

Thank you.

There was a time not long ago when I wouldn't have cared what room he was in, I would have laid long odds that my father was the smartest man in it. Ever fly in a wide body jet? If so, your life relied on the quality of my father's mind. He was the person who worked the calculus and set the standards for wide body versus circular cross section. It was applied to subs too, so if you were in the sub service, Daddy had your back. He was absolutely brilliant.

So, when his church called and told me they needed me to come and help ease the news to him that he couldn't do their finances any more because there were too many arithmetic errors, I knew something was up. Don Zurfluh does not make math errors. Ever.

That was three years ago. Almost all my time has been committed to his care since then. It has been a curious adventure. I used to think Dad was my hero because of his brilliance. Over the past three years, I have watched as every dignity was stripped from him. No matter what, throygh every loss, he remained kind.

No more is he my hero because of his brilliance. His brilliance was stripped from him and yet he continued to comfort and inspire others. Now, after all has been said and done, he remains my hero. But now it is because of his kindness, which shined through every indignity, unfairness, and hardship.

I held his hand and rubbed his arm, and proclaimed my love to his very last moment.

To play Country Gospel songs at his memorial was a great honor. They were Blessed Assurance, Softly and Tenderly, and Leaning On The Everlasting Arms. The latter was his favorite song to sing. It was the final song of the memorial service. We rocked the house. The old church bitties looked a little guilty at the end. That's how I know we did it right.

I was using the guitar I recently bought from Dirty Ed. I have better guitars, but none of them would do.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

One other funny thing.

When I was in college, I worked on the floor of a factory where my father was the Chief Engineer. We were known as Papa Zurf and Baby Zurf.     

I don't know that I've ever recieved a higher honor.

My father's name was Don. His father's name was Pete. He told me that the thing he liked most was when he and he father would walk together purple would say, "Here comes Pete and Re-Pete."

I get that now

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Our sincere condolences as well, Derek.

Bill and Dondra Craig     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com