Topic: There Goes Santa Claus

I've been asked to play a few songs at an upcoming Christmas gathering, and thought I'd allow my inner Weird Al Yankovic to come out with these new lyrics to a Christmas classic:

THERE GOES SANTA CLAUS

CHORUS:    There goes Santa Claus, there goes Santa Claus
        Right down fantasy lane,
        Strange old man who doesn't exist,
        But everyone knows his name.

Naughty and nice list, checking it twice list
Looking for someone to blame,
Watches you sleeping, in your room creeping,
Home invasion's his game.

Right down fantasy lane,

Once every year, he comes to cheer,
And brings the things we need,
Boxes and bags, with toys and gags,
Wringing our hands with greed.

Under the tree, the gifts we see,
And all our stockings he fills,
He gets credit, but don't forget it,
It's Mom and Dad pays the bills.

Right down fantasy lane,

All in good fun! 

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-11-15 04:04:56)

Re: There Goes Santa Claus

TF I enjoyed that it gave me a good laugh.  My mother told me that when I was a little kid, when she took  me to Town to see Santa in the department store I would start crying because I didn't like the look of him. Maybe I new something not to trust a man in red suit that tries to climb down peoples chimneys at night.

TF
thats great,lets hear it eh?     

The King Of Audio Torture

Great stuff ,chords please ,loved it     

TF

BAHA _ TOO FUNNY -
Please do a recording!

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks everyone ... nice to get silly once in a while. The tune is the same as the standard one by Gene Autry:

https://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www. … 49746.html

If someone manages to capture it on a phone or something, I'll see if I can get it posted.     

And a jolly good time was had by all...

It could have got a lot weirder, just the right amount of weird. Thank you     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Nice work on that parody TF,  It's strange that children are filled with hope to meet a fat old man who wants them to sit on his lap in a mall any other time of the year he would be arrested lol     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Phill Williams wrote:

You're sooooo right, Phill, and I constantly had to dial it back as I worked through it. Very observant of you!     

Russell_Harding wrote:

Nice work on that parody TF,  It's strange that children are filled with hope to meet a fat old man who wants them to sit on his lap in a mall any other time of the year he would be arrested lol

Hahahaha! That was one of the things that was on my mind as I worked on it. I just hope every "Santa" in the malls has had proper background checks done before they're hired ... yucky to think about.     

Tenement Funster wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

You're sooooo right, Phill, and I constantly had to dial it back as I worked through it. Very observant of you!

Contrary to popular belief I do read through all these posts, especially the ones with doooble ontondras

(Contrary to popular belief I don't do French)     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

TF ......... haha a good bit of writing, well done you.  How about we get to hear YOU perform it smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle wrote:

TF ......... haha a good bit of writing, well done you.  How about we get to hear YOU perform it smile

Thanks, Jandle ...

I'm extremely fearful about performing, for substantial personal reasons. Being manic / depressive (bi-polar) has a lot to do with it, 'cuz I never know which TF will pop out of the box in a stressful situation. I was also asked to play at this same Christmas function last year, and backed out the day before.     

TF, I understand whole-heartedly about the fear of performing, but if you ever get close to doing it and need a little extra "impetus", just go to my recent SoundCloud upload. You have got to be an improvement on that, my friend.

The bad news is now that I know how to work BGD's gifted Snowball mic along with the simple record/playback function on the computer, I plan to do some more caterwauling.

I read/sang your little parody tune to Dondra who commented, "Cute!". This is high praise coming from a woman whose sense of humor matches that of a martinii on the  very "dry" side. smile

Your Friend

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

TF ............ Yes that must be very hard for you and i can imagine it would be fearful.  Still........... i bet the TF that loves to play and sing guitar is just great to listen too smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan