Topic: Dark The Night

I was in the mood and these chords and lyrics kinda wrote themselves and I get a chance to show off my new Epiphone, give a peek when you get a chance thanks smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PbW_-y … e=youtu.be 

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Dark The Night

Oh yeah that is real cool you play and sing  the Blues with style and man it sounds real good. Russell your da man as they say down here in New Zealand.     

Nice blues and easy to listen to you. You should do more like it because it fits you so well.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Russell
Ditto what CG and Peatle stated.

you should post the lyrics.
I could tell by your smile when you reached to turn off the recorder that you knew you nailed it !

VERY NICE !
JIM     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

5 (edited by Russell_Harding 2018-11-15 12:12:17)

CG, Peatle, TIGLJK thanks for your comments much appreciated smile and the lyrics are below

Dark was the night, when I was born
Into the light, into this storm
I don't know why Just looking for truth
years go on by I abandoned my youth
bridge:
and the sun, keeps on rising
been a fool, blinded by the light of love

The light of love, Been down that road
gave up my heart, gave up my soul
scared for life, what a heavy load
but we all pay a price
every bridge has a toll
(repeat bridge)
(noodle some fancy stuff)
(repeat verse 1 and 2
make up stuff grunt groan ect...                                    (beats)
chord changes are basic E to G E and the bridge is A 2,3,GE GE 2,3,4& A 2,3,4&B2 AG E 2,3,4 and back to verse 1 or whatever you wish
just play along with it you'll find it smile

Superb!!!!!!!!!!!!     

The King Of Audio Torture

Excellent work, Russell .. and your new EP MasterBuilt sounds beautiful. For the price, they are one of the nicest all-solid-wood guitars available.     

easybeat wrote:

Superb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! smile     

Thanks TF I agree they are everything I hoped for, sound and playability as good as any smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

Excellent work, Russell .. and your new EP MasterBuilt sounds beautiful. For the price, they are one of the nicest all-solid-wood guitars available.

Great stuff Russ I enjoyed listening.     

that guitar is beautiful, i've dropped a few hints to Ann to say how much I'd love one of them but she pretends she didn't hear.
your words are surprisingly great for a jam? You've done a great job writing, recording, playing and obtaining such a beautiful instrument     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Ark long time since we exchanged posts but that mostly is my doing I got involved with chess too much so thank you for taking a look and time to leave a comment   

arkady wrote:

Great stuff Russ I enjoyed listening.

13 (edited by Russell_Harding 2018-11-16 21:51:45)

Phill Williams wrote:

that guitar is beautiful, I've dropped a few hints to Ann to say how much I'd love one of them but she pretends she didn't hear.
your words are surprisingly great for a jam? You've done a great job writing, recording, playing and obtaining such a beautiful instrument

Phill your comment is appreciated smile I did compose the lyrics beforehand (about an hour) and I worked out the instrumental part before the lyrics so it was just a matter of fitting them together and after several re-writes, I came up with 2 verses and a bridge  but the solo and the rest just kind of happened after I exhausted what I had and I am still paying for the Epiphone your wife was right  lol

Note left on YT. I don't know what "ingredients" are necessary to sing and play the blues like this, but whatever they are, you have them in spades!

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

That was excellent ........ you nailed the blues!     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Note left on YT. I don't know what "ingredients" are necessary to sing and play the blues like this, but whatever they are, you have them in spades!

Bill

Thank you Bill for leaving a comment,  I really can't say just be yourself is all I can think of and thank the maker for the rest. smile     

Jandle wrote:

That was excellent ........ you nailed the blues!

Hi Jandle and thanks for giving a look and your comments smile