1 (edited by beamer 2018-11-19 15:23:52)

Topic: HEROES TO HUMAN (Scott Sailer/Paul Hylla/Jeff Gilpen )

HEROES TO HUMAN
Scott Sailer / Paul Hylla / Jeff Gilpen 11-17-2018

D5                   D9sus4          D5           D9sus4      Bb4                  A6/B             Bb4          A6/B
Where do you run when you need to hide?        Where do you sleep so       you won't die?

D5                   D9sus4          D5           D9sus4     Bb4                  A6/B             Bb4                 A6/B
Where do you turn when you need to cry?        Who do you reach for when your tears are dry?

A    E    F#m  Slide to G5 on 10th fret

Chorus: x2
A                                                     E
WHEN YOUR HEROES BECOME HUMAN
F#m
WHAT’S  THE LESSONS THEY

Slide to G5 on 10th fret

HAVE BEEN TEACHING YOU

D5                   D9sus4          D5           D9sus4                 Bb4                  A6/B             Bb4          A6/B
They kept you company when you were all alone.     They gave you courage when you faced the unknown.

D5                   D9sus4          D5           D9sus4                 Bb4                  A6/B             Bb4          A6/B
They gave you hope when you had none.                     Were they bulletproof or did they use a gun?

A    E    F#m  Slide to G5 on 10th fret

Chorus: x2
A                                                     E
WHEN YOUR HEROES BECOME HUMAN
F#m
WHAT’S  THE LESSONS THEY
Slide to G5 on 10th fret
HAVE BEEN TEACHING YOU

Speak to me again, Make me feel alive   Just to hear your voice, Brings me out of this dive

Come back to me from wherever you are  Hit the stage and strum the strings of my heart

Where will you be as the night closes in?
Where will you be when I need a friend?

When I still hear the music inside my head,
Will you walk along the Path where I’m led?

REPEAT 1st  VERSE
REPEAT CHORUS 3x

D5 = X577XX     D9SUS4 = X55555
Bb4 = X233XX      A6/B = X22222

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: HEROES TO HUMAN (Scott Sailer/Paul Hylla/Jeff Gilpen )

I will fix formatting soon     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

I have conflicting thoughts about this...good ones, don't worry! I feel it's about servicemen returning home from conflict and struggling to find their way back to normality. So deep.
Server about to get a trio recording? I'd love to hear it.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by beamer 2018-11-20 16:33:56)

Phill Williams wrote:

I have conflicting thoughts about this...good ones, don't worry! I feel it's about servicemen returning home from conflict and struggling to find their way back to normality. So deep.
Server about to get a trio recording? I'd love to hear it.

As most writers will say "its open for your own thoughts."

When I wrote the initial song title that sparked the idea, it was the time frame when it seemed like all the childhood heroes we had (music film etc..) were dying off or killing themselves.  All in about 3 months we lost Chris Cornell, Robin Williams and seems like 4  or 5 others. Not to mention a fall from grace, IE Bill Cosby and some of the others.

So when this got put down it was about the ones you looked to to make you feel better, and have as a role model.  The ones we put on the pedestal, and then we found out they were  fallible and as imperfect as anyone else.  That unsung hero you could reach out for, that shoulder to cry on.

I must give my new friend, running buddy and vocalist Paul his credit, and of course my writing partner JETS.

This song has been unfinished since about 2012.  I came up with the hook and the 2 verses. Then it just sat.  I met Paul and he was "All In" on working it, and he wrote the 3rd verse.  At the same, time I wrote Jets, and told him what we were doing and asked him to write a verse also if he could. I figured between the two, we could get 1.  Both were great. Jets tied it all up with his 4th verse,     

BTW the TRIO wont have Jets in it as location and lack of editing skills. It will be myself, Paul and my son Cory on drums.  We would love to find a bass and lead guitarist.If I can get a bit of a multi track, maybe I can send it to Jerome to add bass.  Or just get him to haul his butt up to my house! lololol

I will reserve my opinion until I hear the recording it's hard to fathom by the chords and a few verses I do get the drift just want to hear it smile     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

I will reserve my opinion until I hear the recording it's hard to fathom by the chords and a few verses I do get the drift just want to hear it smile

here ya go, its a phone recording and we didnt have the 4th verse by Jets at the time. ist day of work on it so im pretty happy.

https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/heroes-to-human     

Still have not heard from you russ