Re: NGD Fender Elite

the elite will have to wait for me unfortunately...i'm thinking about joining a duo on bass, so we'll see?

glad to know your so happy with your new baby. what strings are you putting on....fender bullets?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

the elite will have to wait for me unfortunately...i'm thinking about joining a duo on bass, so we'll see?

glad to know your so happy with your new baby. what strings are you putting on....fender bullets?

I will keep my fingers crossed for you smile My friend Jim who just got the same model as me suggested Elixir but I will switch to GHS .09 to .043 they have always been very reliable and longer lasting, I like the innovations especially the pickups noiseless and real punchy the tone is outstanding nuff said smile     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The Fender Bullets comment made me laugh !  Years ago I played a Fender Mustang, and went through about 4 sets in one gig.  The darn strings kept launching those little swedged on "Bullets" across the stage literally like their namesake.  Turns out they had been over-crimped and a whole lot of them suffered breakage ballistically and were eventually recalled.

Went back to Ernie Ball's and didn't look back.  No lawsuits, but spent more time changing strings than playing that night.  The Bar crowd was in good humour.... one would go "Ping", i'd cuss, they'd laugh and I'd go to work as a "Techie".  Some memories just make you chuckle.  big_smile     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Russell_Harding wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you smile My friend Jim who just got the same model as me suggested Elixir but I will switch to GHS .09 to .043 they have always been very reliable and longer lasting, I like the innovations especially the pickups noiseless and real punchy the tone is outstanding nuff said smile

Funny you should mention that, my Srat always sounded better with GHS strings! Yet the Tele is better with Fenders...go figure?

My pal Adrian (big Ade to his mates) tried some Earnie Balls, I said I've tried them in the past and they're too bendy. I saw him a week later and he told me they were in the bin, he plays finger picking style so they sound out of tune all the time, back to bullets!     

Wow
These conversations blow my mind !

I did not realize musicians go through so many strings. I think I have  changed my strings twice the whole time I have owned my guitars.
However, I don't play or practice nearly as often as any of you.
I can't imagine a string breaking - why does that happen? Is it because you strum too hard, bend to much or what ?
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Phill Williams wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

Funny you should mention that, my Srat always sounded better with GHS strings! Yet the Tele is better with Fenders...go figure?

My pal Adrian (big Ade to his mates) tried some Earnie Balls, I said I've tried them in the past and they're too bendy. I saw him a week later and he told me they were in the bin, he plays finger picking style so they sound out of tune all the time, back to bullets!

Phill I think the bottom line iis you have to go with what works for you, The Strat and Tele are two different animals I have both and notice a difference in sustain, volume, and ease of playing so you gotta trust your experience.     

TIGLJK wrote:

Wow

I did not realize musicians go through so many strings. I think I have  changed my strings twice the whole time I have owned my guitars.
I can't imagine a string breaking - why does that happen? Is it because you strum too hard, bend to much or what ?
Jim

Jim sometimes you don't change strings often enough or your using to stiff of a pick or the right string for your style  (gauge)     

Doug_Smith wrote:

The Fender Bullets comment made me laugh !  Years ago I played a Fender Mustang, and went through about 4 sets in one gig.  The darn strings kept launching those little swedged on "Bullets" across the stage literally like their namesake.  Turns out they had been over-crimped and a whole lot of them suffered breakage ballistically and were eventually recalled.

Went back to Ernie Ball's and didn't look back.  No lawsuits, but spent more time changing strings than playing that night.  The Bar crowd was in good humour.... one would go "Ping", i'd cuss, they'd laugh and I'd go to work as a "Techie".  Some memories just make you chuckle.  big_smile

been there lol     

TIGLJK wrote:

Wow

Jim

Hey Jim. I find that I sweat quite a lot while playing, not just gigging but recording too the result being that the strings pick up grit, grease, dirt and if a player has acidic sweat then the strings will wear and break or just lose tone quickly as well as burning off any coating.

I love the tone and feel of new strings and I tend to slide up the arm quite a lot, when the strings are dirty it's a lot harder. I'm also lazy so I play with dead sounding strings for weeks before I bite the "bullet" (pun intended) and change them. That sounds contradictory doesn't it?