Topic: Another Cover

I'm trying to take our friend Classical Guitar's advice: Practice one song over and over till you get it right.

https://soundcloud.com/user-830135866/recording-7

This was the 7th take, not counting all the "practicing" ones after which I almost puked.

As for the strumming, I have picks, but prefer not to use one right now. As you can tell I'm blocking strings like crazy and what else?

Could we have a new educational section in the forums which deals with singing and playing guitar?

Please critique. I have no one else who can help me through this, folks.

Thanks

Bill 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Another Cover

Bill there`s nothing wrong with this,i think you are being too hard on yourself.
look forward to more from you.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Help you through what Bill? You’re practicing, right? You’re having fun, right? You’re learning, right?

Then you’re doing it perfectly. smile

Keep it up!     

I liked it cool song and you did it very well, just have fun with it     

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-11-30 15:17:45)

Baldguitardude wrote:

Help you through what Bill? You’re practicing, right? You’re having fun, right? You’re learning, right?

Then you’re doing it perfectly. smile

Keep it up!

Okay. Thank you, Sir! smile

Thanks to all for the comments.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill this one was much smoother and sounded great. One comment if you think one note was off it was not. So don't take time over thinking it and just keep going. If you believe a note in  your voice if off if you keep no one else other than you, will will notice. I promise you it was great.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Bill this one was much smoother and sounded great. One comment if you think one note was off it was not. So don't take time over thinking it and just keep going. If you believe a note in  your voice if off if you keep no one else other than you, will will notice. I promise you that.No one is perfect not even so called pros.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Keep at it Bill, you're doing alright !  It gets easier with practice, once one gets over how different we sound on a recording versus what we "hear" from within.  "Cranial resonance" and all that.  smile     

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Bill, i smiled all the way through, in fact i'm still smiling. i laughed when you said "had enough yet?" you're doing fine mate with the singing and playing, sorry cant help with the kids lol     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

10 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-12-01 01:50:03)

Hallelujah Bill you make music fun. Oh Lord, won't you buy me and Bill a night on the town ?Janice would love that. I look forward to hearing more of your covers excellent.

Lord, won't you buy me  and Bill a night on the town ?
                                                                                   I will buy Bill a couple of rounds
                                                                       Oh Lord, won't you buy us a night on the town ?

Yes, dear friend - I had you and Brian in mind when I decided to do that one particular verse. Not only you two. but any of our family we can round up for a special "Night On The Town".

Thank you, my brother - for the comment!

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-12-01 05:40:58)

I will add stuff as I can, my friends.

Thanks very much for the encouragement and advice as I work my way through songs I find easiest to chord thus becoming more comfortable with the recording process.

At some point, I would like to try adding in Audacity utilizing some of its features, but it's going to need to be a "layering" process, utilizing what that site offers a bit at the time.

Also, I need to work something out here in the room to make me feel less "crowded" - sitting directly in front of the keyboard with the mic in its stand in front of the monitor. This gets in the way of the "sheet music" which is displayed on that monitor.

I will post a pic later, but it's a very "claustrophobic" setting which makes it uncomfortable to sing and play the guitar. I need to relax more.

Again, I will work it out somehow and hopefully will see and hear improvement as I fix the environment.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Late to the party as I have been so busy -   but hey Bill - That was a good cover buddy !
I enjoyed it.   
I was waiting for the Janis giggle on the end............

keep'em coming my friend !!
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

14 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-12-01 19:10:18)

You're good for my ego, Jim!! smile

Just thinking of all the fun I'm having and all the stuff which goes with it:

1. It makes me want to practice when y'all kick in your comments

2. Forming them callouses is a secondary benefit smile

3. At some point, I'll have to make those B7's, B's and Bm's!

4. Got me some friends that will listen to what I sing and play without having to threaten them at gunpoint!

And there are more, I'm sure. Just haven't occurred to me yet.

Thanks my friend and thanks, family. It's like the sun just started shining.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I'm going go lazy and echo what BGD said ... couldn't have put it better. Enjoy the music, Bill ... that's the whole point, right?     

One of my favourite Nilson songs. Always reminds me of a sad episode of Bones.

Keep going, we're all enjoying your covers. I'm sure you have some originals too?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

17 (edited by Jandle 2018-12-06 09:30:48)

Bill, I enjoyed that, and agree with Phill, your comment "had enough yet" just cracked me up smile  Keep going your doing great and its just great to see you putting stuff up.  And this particular song has memories for me too ................... Peatle and easybeat put myself and 2 others through some challenges with this particular song to see if we could do it acapella styel!!! They had me doing the main bit and two other ladies joining it ................. lol we had a bit of a laugh with it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

I enjoyed that a lot.

I have only one recommendation for improvement, and it's only because you asked and not because I thought it was bad. But - when you make a mistake, power through. Don't stop and restart to get it "right."  Power through. No one notices that way.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude