Topic: Singing About Weather

Just a simple song I wrote this morning. Wife's far away visiting family and we're have interesting weather patterns going on in the east...how the song came to mind.

Singing about Weather by Jeff Gilpin

12/8/2018

[A]Singing about weather

[Bm7]Thinking about you

[A]Singing the songs

[Bm7]Just something to do

[A]Weather don’t change

[Bm7]Just keeps coming

[A]Thinking of you

[Bm7]Switch from singing to humming

There’s [D]something about you

You [E]stay on my mind

[F#m]I find you there

Most [G]any old [E7]time

Cloudy or sunny

Rainy or cold

Weather don’t do

What the weatherman told

But there you are

Rain or shine

Like the tap of my toes

You’re keeping my time

There’s something about you

You stay on my mind

I find you there

Most any old time

Sunny up north

South getting snow

Weather don’t know

Which way to go

I wish you’d come

Straight back to me

Straighten my thinking

Set my mind free

There’s something about you

You stay on my mind

I find you there

Most any old time

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Singing About Weather

If you want to hear it: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/singing-about-weather     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

3 (edited by Classical Guitar 2018-12-08 19:06:46)

You singing is very good and your song says a lot with with the words you choose. Great song and thank you for sharing it with us.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Jets
I always look forward to a new Jets song.
I`m off to listen.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Jeff I enjoyed the weather picture you painted with that song.     

Nice thoughts in this one, Jets ... hope your family gets home safe and soon. Here in Nova Scotia, we have three very strong factors (Gulf stream, Labrador current, jet stream) which can change our weather quickly. From November 1 to March 31, we will often have 30-degree temperature swings over 24-hour periods. I grew up hearing: "If you don't like the weather here, just wait an hour."     

Thanks you all. TF -  Nova Scotia sounds like it has some more interesting weather swings than northern Virginia.     

J  E  T  S

Nice tune Jeff.  I like how the sound of that A-Bm7 combo sets the "mood" of the song. Excellent prosody.

It got me looking back on some of the tunes I've written over the years and I dug up five weather-related songs, although I'm pretty sure there are a couple more.  I find it fascinating how we use weather terms to describe relationships.  (warm, cool, hot, cold, steamy, stormy, etc)

Ken     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Hey Ken - Thanks for checking it out and nice hearing from you. That A-Bm7 thing was how I got this song started as an idea in my head, but I had to figure out what the actual chords were that I was hearing in my mind....took a while, but after that it started to flow. Then I had to come up with some complimentary chorus chords, but that was a bit easier. I do agree that weather and life songs are fascinating, and I too have written a bunch.     

J  E  T  S

jets, really good.  I always enjoy your songs, I like your style and this one is no exception.   Great stuff smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanks Jan - My pleasure!     

J  E  T  S