Topic: Rebel

Well we are at it again.  Writing was mine with minor word-smithing and the arrangement by Jets
Its country / southern rock

Rebel Beamer and Jets

(1)

[D]Grew up wanting [A]to be a rebel,

[G]But I gotta [A]keep it safe.

[D]Used to be [A]a rolling stone,

[G]I always en [Em]joy the chase.

Chorus:

[A]Too many parties, [D]nights turned to days

[A]The path that I’d chosen, [G]led me away

[A]Until I went broke and [D]then realized

[A]It ain’t no joke just [Em]staying alive

(2)

[A]I met a girl. [D]We fell in love.

Thought [A]she was a gift from the [G]heavens above.

We [A]went and got married, [D]rolling the dice

[A]We had some good times, and [D]times not so nice.

[A]Growing up we drifted and [Em]were paying the price.

chorus

(3)

[A]Now I’m all grown, [D]my family is too.

[A]Old habits of mine [G]I never out grew.

[A]Became a problem, [D]mostly for you.

[A]Now you’re gone. Our [D]children all grown.

[A]Counting the nights I’m [Em]sleeping alone.

Chorus

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Rebel

Beamer -
Sounds like you summarized it pretty well - I think it's  sign you're moving on and are healthy.
Hope I'm right

Good song - I'll be looking for it on the cloud!
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Beamer I love the way you have summed up many years and put into a song about finding a love and then a break up. There is a big chunk of that song that tells some of my life story. I look forward to hearing it as a song.     

Great song. As Peatle says, most if not all of us have been there? Both parts. The rebel and the break up. Ann and my kids would be surprised if they knew about my rebel days or even that I had some, rebel days that is.

Recording soon?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

That's some terrific writing, Beamer. It's a shame we can't see ahead as well as we can see back, but that's the mystery of life ... you've expressed it very well.     

Thanks for the praise everyone.

Im still trying to come to a playing style on it.
My Daughter read it and said hearing stuff about my love live made her uneasy.  my reply was it want my love life, it was my life.
I showed it to my yet to be x wife, and she said it was a sad song.  I told her "No, not entirely, but every great country  or rock song comes from pain.  It actually is a song of moving forward."

ill do my best to get it up there on sound cloud. 
just gotta work it out with my singer big_smile     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

I like it Beamer.  I usually don't comment or critique because I'm not a writer and I'm not a very good musician. I only know when I like something and this is one I like. I look forward to hearing a recording.     

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

That's high praise.  Thank you     

Well written beamer, looking forward to hearing it.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Here is my take on Beamer's song Rebel: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/rebel-by- … eff-gilpin

I look forward to hearing Scott's.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C