[C] Sing me an [G] old song.

[Am] Remember those [F] times.

[C] Life was much [G] simpler then.

And [Am] everything was [F] fine.

I've [G] never been happier.

Cos the [Am] music got me [F] through.

So [C] sing me an [G] old song.

I'll [Am] sing along with [C] you.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: SING ME AN OLD SONG.

Excellent Phill your lyrics have got me feeling all nostalgic. That is the sort of song that people would enjoy after a few bears and wanting a sing along.     

Thanks Peatle. Of course I blame you for all this nostalgia...lol     

Hey Phill - I love it - I agree with Pete, has kind of a pub song feel to it. I can picture a pub sing-a-long...getting me thirsty now. smile     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

So very true.I love the line "Life was much simpler then."  How many have sung along with the radio?     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

It's perfect Phill

Just the other day I was thinking about how frigging complicated life is now.
This is exactly how I felt - wishing I could somehow go back in time.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It's perfect Phill

Hope you put it out their for us to hear and cherish - and as Peatle says - have a beer and sing along!

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

jets60 wrote:

Hey Phill - I love it - I agree with Pete, has kind of a pub song feel to it. I can picture a pub sing-a-long...getting me thirsty now. smile

Thanks Jeff. you must have got better pubs than we have, it's all up-to-date songs sung by teenagers(?) to backing tracks so you cant tell if they're actually singing.     

Classical Guitar wrote:

So very true.I love the line "Life was much simpler then."  How many have sung along with the radio?

yes, the 60's and 70's were much simpler and most of the music was enjoyable and played by real musicians. singing along to a good song is one of my favorite things. thanks for the comments.     

TIGLJK wrote:

It's perfect Phill

Hope you put it out their for us to hear and cherish - and as Peatle says - have a beer and sing along!

Jim

ah my teenage years. no mobile phones. no computers. no satellite tv....remind me again, how did we exist?

i've got a night off so i'm hoping to record it tonight. hope it lives up to expectations.     

Nicely done, Phill ... when I read through, it immediately reminded me of Jud Strunk's "I'll Give You a Daisy a Day, Dear" for some reason. Simply one of those songs that makes a person feel good ... nuttin' wrong wit dat!     

Tenement Funster wrote:

Nicely done, Phill ... when I read through, it immediately reminded me of Jud Strunk's "I'll Give You a Daisy a Day, Dear" for some reason. Simply one of those songs that makes a person feel good ... nuttin' wrong wit dat!

Jud Strunk???? must be a funny guy with a name like that?

what is funny is that this was one of those throw away songs, it seems like looking back is a hot topic at the moment and it just came out with hardly any work involved. i have recorded it and it lasts just a minute and a half. i shall post it when time allows.     

Phill Williams wrote:

i have recorded it and it lasts just a minute and a half. i shall post it when time allows.

Look forward to the recording ...     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Great song Phill, The good old days how i miss them. I look forward to the recording.     

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!