1 (edited by bluejeep 2019-02-14 15:22:10)

Topic: new computer

The old windows vista finally froze up and died, I decided to be merciful and not make any attempts at resuscitation. I had a new/refurbished computer delivered to the front door as I was not ready to appear in public at a time like this.  So, this morning as I was trying to figure out how this new fangled piece of technology worked, I hear a voice calling my name - now I know there aint nobody here except the four dogs and a sleeping wife,  I begin to reach for my pistol which is never far from my hand and I hear the voice again,  I spin around and - aint nobody there cept the beagle who now senses my growing agitation.  I slowly begin to realize it's the new puter talking to me,  now I'm willing to accept a lot but I gotta draw the line at a talkin puter -  which now brings me to the current situation, how do I make it stop talkin short of shooting it?  I miss my old quiet vista. This new thing is gonna take a heap of learnin before I get it sorted out.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Re: new computer

There's a whole world of difference between VISTA and windows 10. If you'd had a passing flirtation with win8 it might have eased your pain a bit. I've had my 10 for over two years now and I'm still trying to figure it out! But there is a manual in the program somewhere.
If it's an Apple you've bought I'd be even less help. Still, it's fun learning....put the gun away.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.