Topic: Nkd

I realized this has been announced on the Facebook but not here.  We are having a baby! Boy, due mid September. 

Re: Nkd

Congrats!!!!     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

congrats to you and your lovely other half. there'll be two bald guitar dudes in your home, for a while anyway till the little one sprouts hair? look forward to the pics in september     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Congratulations! Maybe learn some soft lullabyes and stuff? Leave a guitar out where the baby can see it and get curious? Drum kit wouldn't be a bad idea - toddler needs something to do with those busy little hands. Just kidding. smile     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Congratulations I know you have to be excited. Have you picked some names yet?     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Congratulations! Maybe learn some soft lullabyes and stuff? Leave a guitar out where the baby can see it and get curious? Drum kit wouldn't be a bad idea - toddler needs something to do with those busy little hands. Just kidding. smile

Bill my little girl is obsessed with music. There are guitars and musical art hung all over my house.  Above my mantle is a picture of Mr Marley.

She has her own percussion, guitars, whistles and is learning to play my keyboard. 

Next step is a piano!

We plan to follow the same blueprint for the boy, which is basically what you’ve specified here.  Immerse them in music from a young age.  smile     

Thanks everyone.  We are in final name-gotiations. I will post here as soon as it’s official.  And my wife has hairy babies so I’ll be the lonely bald dude.  Still.     

Congratulations     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Congrats!  More exciting times ahead!     

Congratulations to you and your better half and I hope Ella pleased to be getting a baby brother. Great news.     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Congratulations to you and your wife Joe !!  This is an awesome blessing.

When I first look at your post and saw NKD  I thought to myself - what the heck is the K for? I was trying to think of something associated with guitars and said to my self - I might s well check it out b/c the only thing I can think of is a new KID Day - and lo and behold I was right !!! smile

Wonderful times - I think, despite all the trials and tribulations, it really is the best time of my life - when my kids were living in my home.
I now enjoy my grand kids as well, but still miss those years and wish I could have a do over.
Here is a video   I put together on the song I posted earlier on Chordie.   https://youtu.be/LV_ZRlMnoFU

Congats again Joe !
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

congratulations on the new drummer joining the band     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

TIGLJK wrote:

Congratulations to you and your wife Joe !!  This is an awesome blessing.

When I first look at your post and saw NKD  I thought to myself - what the heck is the K for? I was trying to think of something associated with guitars and said to my self - I might s well check it out b/c the only thing I can think of is a new KID Day - and lo and behold I was right !!! smile

Wonderful times - I think, despite all the trials and tribulations, it really is the best time of my life - when my kids were living in my home.
I now enjoy my grand kids as well, but still miss those years and wish I could have a do over.
Here is a video   I put together on the song I posted earlier on Chordie.   https://youtu.be/LV_ZRlMnoFU

Congats again Joe !
Jim

I have done a lot of cool things in my life.  None as cool as being a parent.     

Congratulations on joining the sleep deprivation society.     

Thick as two short planks

keep it real
That made me laugh so hard my drink came  out my nose.
Caught me off guard!
Good one!

and Good Luck BGD     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

16 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-06-13 10:28:15)

Congratulations on bringing into this world this September  a much loved baby and a man of the future. While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.