Topic: Beaching

The other day my wife an I were trying to figure out where we would go on vacation early this spring. We settled on one of the southern Japanese islands I went to for training back in my USAF days, but my wife had never been to, Okinawa. We're still working out the details, but just talking about it brought back my memories of visiting there in the early 90s. Kind of a good thought after the single digits and below zero wind chill we had here earlier this week...

Beaching By Jeff Gilpin

1/23/2019

Intro strumming C

[ . ]

[C]Sitting on a beach out on an island.

[C]Listening as the waves lap on the shore.

[F]Shut my eye and smiling while I’m sitting.

[F]Warm ocean breeze I want some [G]more.

[ . ]

[C]Sun is on my shoulders while I’m lounging.

[C]Gazing out into a turquoise sea.

[F]Simple serenity I want to drown in.

[F]Nothing in the world to bother [G]me.

[ . ]

[Am]Life is out there while I’m checking out.

[F]Waiting for me while I am a[C]way.

[Am]Knowing I’ll eventually get back,

[F]But for now I’m content to [G]stay.

[ . ]

[C]Grab my snorkel, goggles and my flippers.

[C]Throw a tee-shirt on to keep me warm.

[F]Get equipped and wade on in the water.

[F]Check the sky there is no chance of [G]storm.

[ . ]

[C]I sink below the surface reacquainting.

[C]Remembering when I should breath and not.

[F]Looking all around I see the ocean.

[F]Swimming then I dive down from the [G]top.

[ . ]

[Am]Checking out the life under the water

[F]Hidden from my vision on the [C]land.

[Am]Nothing up above I have to ponder.

Just the [F]water, coral, sea life and a [G]whole bunch of sand.

[ . ]

[C]Eventually I come out of the water.

[C]Toweling off then laying in the sun.

[F]Dried off; the sun is feeling hotter.

[F]Wondering what’s left to be [G]done.

[ . ]

[C]For the life of me I can think of nothing

[C]That I have to get done this day.

[F]I slip on my shades and I begin

[F]To let all my troubles slip a[G]way. [CMaj7]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Beaching

Sounds awesome

My spot for all you describe is Topsail Island, NC

It is my Heaven on Earth - and all that you say in this wonderful song is there - I never want to return to real world after being there.

Hope you have a great Vacation in Japan.     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Awesome song, Jeff ... I can hear the surf, smell the salt breeze, and feel the warm sun ... you sure can paint a picture! I hope you and Mrs. Jets enjoy the trip.     

Thanks you two. We plan to have a lot of fun.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Up on soundcloud now: https://soundcloud.com/jets60/beaching     

J  E  T  S

Jeff listening to your song made me feel like I was there.     

Just listened to you sing this song Jeff ,when I read it through I imagined it with a reggae beat .Great lyrics ,love the picture you've painted in my mind.     

Hey, Thanks Graham. When I wrote it I was getting ready for vacation. I do think a reggae beat would work....maybe with steel drum backing.     

J  E  T  S

tremendous wording and meter, gave me visions of every line i could almost taste the salt water, see the marine life and feel the sun on my skin. beautiful.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Phill - I believe this is my only beach song, but I put a lot of my memories into it. I'm glad you enjoyed.     

J  E  T  S

Note and like left on Soundcloud, Jeff, but I'll say here, I love writing of any kind and music of any kind which "paints a picture" for me. If your song were of a symphonic nature, it would be known as a "tone poem".  As I wrote on SC, all it needs now is the sound of waves hitting your beach.

You are among some GREAT writers here on Chordie, jeff, and it's a pleasure to me to listen to your work.

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Thanks very much Bill.     

J  E  T  S