Topic: Walking In A New World

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/69930425_10221277171978114_602515681778335744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmNyv_Ar3uUsJd9H6b0EjefMQRRdJTxMQ-7kOdcC8XaggycmbxiNRjtFDyP1OlvmMY&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=043982bc9b95baa2ae3f98477f97c8e1&oe=5DFCE08A 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Walking In A New World

Well written Scott !
I can follow the path of the poem perfectly from all the episodes you have described.

I think it would be great if you stepped out of your metal genre for a song and played this ----  wait for it----

I think as a jazzy slow song. In my head the lyric speaks so much that I think a jazzy sound would do it great justice.

I don't know  if that makes sense to you. But any way -  excellent poem.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Good  poem  Scott  , i  enjoyed  it .     

Beamer your artistry and skill with words make this poem outstanding. Every stanza  perfect.     

5 (edited by Tenement Funster 2019-09-05 10:19:07)

This is jaw-dropping good, Beamer ... knowing bits of the back story you've shared, it's a tribute to the wisdom of learning by experience. Excellent stuff, dude! It appears as a ballad in my mind, but it's your song ... play it however the heck you want, right? big_smile

As always guys, Thank you so much.  I just wrote it as a poem.  but I may try some music with it. 

Jim - me and Jazz dont work well at all together. lol but thanks for the vote of confidence.  It wont be metal tho if I do do it.

Peatle -  Thank you.  Its amazing that I come up with a lot of stuff in the middle of my work day.

TF _ " Jaw Dropping"  LOL! Now that's a heck of a adjective!

Now here is the challenge :  Can anyone tell who I nipped the background picture from?     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

7 (edited by TIGLJK 2019-09-06 00:04:57)

at first I thought Eagles Greatest Hits album or the One of These Nights Album, but after closer examination - NOT !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

A sad poem, I think? With an optimistic outlook? I tried imagining a rhythm or style but failed, maybe best kept as a poem?
A great piece of writing and I love the background, maybe you'll start a new trend?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I’ll give it one more day and one hint.  It’s gonna be an album cover from a second wave of British metal band and look for some of the title in it big_smile